Eggcorn Forum

Discussions about eggcorns and related topics

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Registrations are currently closed because of a technical problem. Please send email to if you wish to register.

The forum administrator reserves the right to request users to plausibly demonstrate that they are real people with an interest in the topic of eggcorns. Otherwise they may be removed with no further justification. Likewise, accounts that have not been used for posting may be removed.

Thanks for your understanding.

Chris -- 2018-04-11

#1 2010-01-13 02:00:18

JuanTwoThree
Eggcornista

Cockhold

To be cockholded and chastised and ultimately feminized by my wife is the pen-ultimate desire of just about every submissive sissy. ...

While husbands mus remain faithful to thier wife, the wife recognizes that husbands are a comerial contract and can be cockholded by their lovers while …

If anybody wants to explain the semantics of this, be my guest!

On the plain in Spain where it mainly rains.

#2 2010-01-13 10:10:39

David Bird
Eggcornista

Re: Cockhold

You’ve broken the ice on this one, Juan. I’ve restrained myself from entering it before, now it’s your fault. I’ll also slip in another: valva for vulva. Here’s my timid post, never submitted:

Although we don’t shrink from the never regions, there is no “18 and older” warning on this site and so I’ll try to enter these discreetly. “Cuckolding” derives ultimately from the habits of the nest-parasitic European cuckoo, which lays its eggs in the nests of other species. Cockholding is particularly rampant, as you might expect, in what the Japanese call the “pink” sites.

Hitchcock movie reviews:
Dial M for Murder- The enticing Grace Kelly plays a cheating wife. [...] Ray Milland plays her cockholded tennis star husband, and Robert Cummings plays the writer/other man.
(http://luckycelebs.com/)

Alongside the prudenda, the vulva can be re-engineered as the valva, which presents a striking image of a kind of protective, pneumatic control device. This is particularly common on animal care sites where it can brought into the open. Vulva developed from words for the womb, as a kind of wrapper, but refers latterly uniquely to the external gendertalia*.

Her valva is swelled like she is in heat, but she isn’t.
(http://www.justanswer.com/questions/1tk … dle-longer)

i dont think the babys gendetalia is even formed at 12 weeks so the chances are not very good even if they were there chance of them being right is real low the best time to tell the gender at around 20 weeks
(http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index … 253AAomxP3)
Post subject: Favorite slang term for female genetailia.
(http://forums.ukhh.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=60933)

Last edited by David Bird (2010-01-13 10:12:43)

#3 2010-01-13 13:28:22

JuanTwoThree
Eggcornista

The substitution of an “a” for the “u” in “a cock and bull story” is common enough, as is adding an “a” to the end of the word “virgin”. Both have an eggcorny quality about them.

I think this area can be discussed by being subtle about it. What’s interesting is that these are not words or expressions that people see written down regularly, which may make for more inventiveness than normal.

On the plain in Spain where it mainly rains.

#4 2010-01-14 00:28:47

patschwieterman
Administrator

This one surprised me. Like David B., I’d gone looking for this before, and my memory is that I never posted it because I couldn’t find many examples that weren’t clearly erotic puns—or amazingly bad spellings in extremely poorly written posts. I was going to make that comment, but I decided I’d better check again, and lo and behold—I found a number of examples that seem to me defensible as authentic. I don’t know whether I just did a bad job of looking the first time, or whether this thing has been spreading in the last 2-3 years.

The semantics of the reshaping aren’t immediately transparent. “Cockhold” would seem to imply physical attention, perhaps even affection, directed toward the person being cuckolded—which seems counter-intuitive in this context. But maybe the idea is that the guy being cuckolded gets nothing but a bit of holding, with the real fireworks reserved for the adulterous partner. Or perhaps the reshaping refers to the degree to which the woman is controlling (“manipulating”?) the cuckolded man sexually, in a kind of extension of the metaphor underlying a phrase like “to have someone by the balls.” All of that seems like a bit of a reach, but perhaps still within the realm of the possible. And this certainly works in one respect: it can only apply to guys, and “cuckold” is generally reserved for men, though you occasionally see it applied to women these days. (“Cuckquean” probably isn’t part of your day-to-day vocabulary unless you’re James Joyce.)

Last edited by patschwieterman (2010-01-14 00:35:01)

#5 2010-01-14 19:20:31

David Bird
Eggcornista

Pat, I took the psychological climate of “cockholded” to include notions like “blocked”, “held up”, or less likely, left holdin’ one’s own. Makes more sense than the ruder cousin which is based not on hold but holed.

Juan, the classic cock and ball story was submitted by Ken two years ago. Always good for a laugh. “Virgina” is a great new addition, and occurs more times than I can count on my fingers, so it qualifies as a stunning eggcorn in my book.

See also crock and bull story.

Board footer