Eggcorn Forum

Discussions about eggcorns and related topics

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Registrations are temporarily closed as we're receiving a steady stream of registration spam.

Anyone who wishes to register, please email me at chris dot waigl at gmail dot com with the desired username and a valid email address, and I will register you manually.

Thanks for your understanding.

Chris -- 2011-03-08

#1 2006-05-19 03:43:48

klakritz
Eggcornista

'untolled' for 'untold'

The tolling of a bell can be seen to announce or celebrate something. So if a story or item of news is untolled, it’s also untold. Examples:

My problem comes from somebody recommending a course of action that has proven to produce a very poor accident rate and untolled human misery and suffering …
www.paraglidingforum.com/viewtopic.php? … c&start=60

... the future of all your past lives told to you like a soothing fairy tale where the fog … will make the ego larger , leading to untolled new problems .
emalethofcaith.blogspot.com/

The Panthers are also one of an untolled number of clubs around the country in the market to claim discarded Brownlow Medallist Shane Woewodin.
www.theadvertiser.news.com.au/footy/sto … 95,00.html

Therefore, it would probably take a million lawyers a number of years dealing with a million bureaucrats at a cost of untolled billions of dollars ...
www.dinocrat.com/archives/2006/04/13/th … gislators/

There are now, literally, tens of thousands of books and untolled articles …
blogs.bnet.com/leadershipnow/?m=20050211

This former priest has done untolled damage to many souls .
www.softforall.com/store/Reviews-0787975923-21.html

Board footer