Eggcorn Forum

Discussions about eggcorns and related topics

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Registrations are currently closed because of a technical problem. Please send email to if you wish to register.

The forum administrator reserves the right to request users to plausibly demonstrate that they are real people with an interest in the topic of eggcorns. Otherwise they may be removed with no further justification. Likewise, accounts that have not been used for posting may be removed.

Thanks for your understanding.

Chris -- 2018-04-11

#1 2010-06-04 12:22:35

Peter Forster
Eggcornista

'trimulation' for 'tribulation'

Trimulation is a word sometimes used by motorheads and mechanics, eg

Now for bugs, go to your local Home Depot and pick up a blue 1/2” pre filter element found in HVAC dept and with some layout and trimulation ...

but there is also some evidence of confusion with tribulation, with the eggcornish variant suggesting, perhaps, no more than a reduced expectation:

... always you are strong and very indepedent but that also comes with trials and trimulations and understanding of the bad and the good. ...

This state of North East, which is also the gate way to the Seven Sisters, has had is share of trails and trimulations. Be it the war of clans for …

After much trimulation and danger-and with the help of good gnomes- the young lovers manage to escape and leave the forest. With a tapestry of memories …

trimulation of being hungry or going without a job.And they’ve never felt the pain and suffering of a broken love life,bad living,or unfair jail time. ...

#2 2010-06-05 03:01:07

DavidTuggy
Eggcornista
Website

Re: 'trimulation' for 'tribulation'

Is it related in people’s minds to tremulous, tremble , even tremendous , implying fear rather than (or at least more than) actual suffering? ( Tremulation may well be used in this way, though a quick and clumsy check only provided examples where it meant a quite literal vibration, not associated particularly with fear.)

*If the human mind were simple enough for us to understand,
we would be too simple-minded to understand it* .

(Possible Corollary: it is, and we are .)

#3 2010-06-05 13:31:07

Peter Forster
Eggcornista

Re: 'trimulation' for 'tribulation'

That makes a lot more sense, David, but I can find only one apparently genuine example –

“in my darkest hour, in my deepest despair,please care, youl b there, in my trust n trembulations, through our doubts n frusterations, in my violence, ...

but there are a few more trimbulations:

Surely he has done the most recently and with all the trials and trimbulations he has had?? Have a look at my Scooby build thread here. My garage …

I have prayed that you find the success that you want without having to go through the trials and trimbulations that your family has been through. ...

His eyes tell the story of a mellinium of trial and trimbulations for his kind. The painting is done on the popular gallery wrapped canvas which needs no …

Mellinium? Well, I don’t know what, but at 1000 ughits there must be something going on.

Board footer