Eggcorn Forum

Discussions about eggcorns and related topics

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Registrations are temporarily closed as we're receiving a steady stream of registration spam.

Anyone who wishes to register, please email me at chris dot waigl at gmail dot com with the desired username and a valid email address, and I will register you manually.

Thanks for your understanding.

Chris -- 2011-03-08

#1 2010-07-03 00:56:49

klakritz
Eggcornista

'consultation prize' for 'consolation prize'

Probably more of a malapropism than a proper eggcorn, but surprisingly common.

... are you interested in winning the 1st place prize or the 2nd place consultation prize?
www.myviralspiralforum.com/forumsmf/ind … pic=1307.0

Offering severance pay allows former employees a small consultation prize that may help dissipate anger as they move onto their next employment opportunity.
www.associatedcontent.com/topic/38035/consultation.html

I’m thinking her dinner with Brad and Bono was a consultation prize for not getting to attend the festival …
monaco.freeforums.org/charlene-wittstock-current-events-xvi-t594-320.html

Hardly a consultation prize, McCoy may be even better than Suh. Where Suh relies on strength, McCoy is quick off the snap and can shoot gaps …
bleacherreport.com/.../338952-and-the-first-pick-of-the-2010-nfl-draft-is

First, as a consultation prize to being the runner-up of the C3a Giveaway Michael Flanagan was presented with a beautiful set of Mint Zeppelins, ...
www.bidstart.com/Enter-the-C3a-Inverted … QQgiveaway

Wait, don’t tell me this is some kind of consultation prize for dumping me. Is it? No, you’re not like that. You’re too sweet to do such a …
tokidokiko.livejournal.com/100092.html

Board footer