Eggcorn Forum

Discussions about eggcorns and related topics

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Registrations are temporarily closed as we're receiving a steady stream of registration spam.

Anyone who wishes to register, please email me at chris dot waigl at gmail dot com with the desired username and a valid email address, and I will register you manually.

Thanks for your understanding.

Chris -- 2011-03-08

#1 2010-08-11 02:58:22

klakritz
Eggcornista

'Ladder Day Saints' for 'Latter Day Saints'

I don’t know if later/latter is an eggcorn, but there are plenty of Ladder Days Saints out there. Is it something to do with spiritual ascent?

On June 24th, I’ll be leaving for 2 years to serve a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Ladder-Day Saints in Johanessburg South Africa.
www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=130023739128

Under the Banner of Heaven, written by Jon Krakauer, delves into the history of the Church of Jesus Christ of Ladder Day Saints …
lifestylepopculturebooks.suite101.com/.../under_the_banner_of_heaven

The Mormon Historic Site Registry lists monuments related to the History of the Church of Jesus Christ of Ladder Day Saints.
slsites.com/dir.html?category_id=523

Mrs. Jessop is a former member of the FLDS which is the Fundamentalist Church of Ladder Day Saints which is a strict Mormon belief system.
www.bloggernews.net/119529

The Church of Jesus Christ of Ladder-day Saints believes that faithful families within its body last forever.
byfaithonline.com/page/in-the-church/lessons-from-utah

#2 2012-09-11 13:54:35

larrybob
Eggcornista

Re: 'Ladder Day Saints' for 'Latter Day Saints'

Childhood eggcorn: “It’s true. Through my entire early childhood I was jealous of the Mormons for having a holiday involving ladders.”

Board footer