Eggcorn Forum

Discussions about eggcorns and related topics

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Registrations are currently closed because of a technical problem. Please send email to if you wish to register.

The forum administrator reserves the right to request users to plausibly demonstrate that they are real people with an interest in the topic of eggcorns. Otherwise they may be removed with no further justification. Likewise, accounts that have not been used for posting may be removed.

Thanks for your understanding.

Chris -- 2018-04-11

#1 2010-08-16 17:59:25

David Bird
Eggcornista

"blastfumy" for blasphemy

For some people, blasphemous remarks blast the air and scorch the ears. Or are fumy blasts a foretaste of punishments to come. The fumes part is the weakest yolk. It might just be phonetic spelling. I couldn’t find any instances of “blastfumed”, for example, outside of Joyce.

Song comments: Beast and the Harlot
ok i know i am going to shound stupid but i cannot figure out if they are being blastfumous or if they aint? But this song is very good

Comments page on atheist site
I think your products and philosophies are: Blastfumous.
I will recommend you to: Satan as you will soon become acwainted.
I will visit your Home Page again: When Hell frieezes over.

Worst films thread
Wow, my words coming back to haunt me… my evil, hatefilled, sinful, blastfumous, damnable, [...] words

Facebook roast
Please feel free to leave comments about the good times spent with Levi! including…rude, scary, vulgar, blastfumist, scaring, wtf moments

Filipina singing sensation
everywhere Charice performs around the world she gets a STANDING OVATION!!!!!!! except in her own country. I find that crazy. But you know when Jesus proclaim that scriptures had been fulfilled he was called a blastfumist by his own people.

Most despised bands demurrer
Buddy, DForce is the shi’t. What the hell are your sources? I want to know why DForce is on the list of “most HATED and DESPISED” list [...]
I’m still mad about DForce. This is Blastfumy!

Truck customization
Thats illegal in these parts, down right blastfumy.

Last edited by David Bird (2010-08-16 18:09:46)

#2 2010-08-16 23:59:49

kem
Eggcornista

Re: "blastfumy" for blasphemy

Two thumps up on “blastfumy.”

Hatching new language, one eggcorn at a time.

#3 2010-08-17 03:29:27

Peter Forster
Eggcornista

Perhaps the mildly blasphemous “Damn and blast” (your eyes, or, you all to hell) is exerting a little influence. Here’s another variant:

this is probably going to sound blastfamous but I had a 305 block laying around, with the mounts and I dry fit it in the car and it fits …

... pardoner who uses the story to preach against those who are blastfamous and gluttonous. In an odd twist, after he tells the story he trys to …

This is blastfamy!” yelled the startled High Priest.

#4 2010-08-24 15:32:56

David Bird
Eggcornista

Flame war
u say ur religious…RELIGIOUS my arse….you wouldnt be blast theming if u was…lol.

Stress group
come let ya stress out,swear,cus,blastheme,call it what ya like ,,but only bad words will do ,,,hahaha,

Camper customization
I would be looking with my camera in hand and tape write down everything you like the rest is up to you not meaning to blastheme but you are the creator you can make this poject as simple as you want to,or as complicated .

Last edited by David Bird (2010-08-27 15:18:37)

Board footer