Eggcorn Forum

Discussions about eggcorns and related topics

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Registrations are currently closed because of a technical problem. Please send email to if you wish to register.

The forum administrator reserves the right to request users to plausibly demonstrate that they are real people with an interest in the topic of eggcorns. Otherwise they may be removed with no further justification. Likewise, accounts that have not been used for posting may be removed.

Thanks for your understanding.

Chris -- 2018-04-11

#1 2010-08-18 08:29:53

Peter Forster
Eggcornista

'pinion' for 'pillion'

Pillion passengers sitting close behind a motorcyclist often look as if they’ve been firmly attached to him by large nails, and their arms closely bound to him too. Pinioned, sort of.

errr, has anyone ever taken a pinion passenger on this bike yet???

Oh well what can ya say apart from another brainless idiot out of the gene pool, i agree he made his choices and so did his pinion passenger …

There were lots of motorcycles in India, and I was the pinion rider in Bangalore a few times.

... but take a bit of getting used to – and be extra careful of the red-hot exhaust pipe beside your right leg, especially if you’re riding pinion.

#2 2010-08-27 15:33:59

David Bird
Eggcornista

Re: 'pinion' for 'pillion'

I’d never heard of a pillion passenger, but I do like the switch to pinion. Beyond the pinioned position of the passenger’s arms, as if she were a disabled bird, I catch an echo of passenger pinion, er, pigeon.

This is a rare variant, in the form of a pill.

Motorcycle review
While the Blaze’s stability is spot on, we felt that the 130mm drum brakes may not always be enough, especially with the additional weight of a pilling rider. {...} The Blaze is also radically different in the pilling riding pastured department as well. With its high-stepped seat design and already tall saddle piston, the pilling on the Blaze will be riding at a slightly awkward pastured, if he or she does not lean forward on to the rider.

Blog
The deceased, 34 year old Tay Suk Lam, was riding pilling on a motorcycle with her mother, surnamed Ng, when they wre rammed

Board footer