Eggcorn Forum

Discussions about eggcorns and related topics

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Registrations are currently closed because of a technical problem. Please send email to if you wish to register.

The forum administrator reserves the right to request users to plausibly demonstrate that they are real people with an interest in the topic of eggcorns. Otherwise they may be removed with no further justification. Likewise, accounts that have not been used for posting may be removed.

Thanks for your understanding.

Chris -- 2018-04-11

#1 2010-08-20 17:45:36

David Bird
Eggcornista

well and ill manured

A baffling and potentially hilarious error…

All the day long positive boys and well-manured girls are here to feed your hunger in knowledge of Spanish habits and traditions in the chatroulet.
Chat in Spanish

For a person to come on another brands board and put down others for what one has chosen is very ill manured to me, as I have saw on several posts.
All-Terrain vehicle forum

... until first person testimony revealed that it was due to an unsupervised spell-check.

I’m an intellectual, articulate, down to earth, open minded, friendly, generous, clean, well dress, well manured (however not annoyingly so) woman/girl/friend/daughter/mother etc… (gotta love labels).
[sarcastic feedback]
Regardless, “well manured”. To hell with spell check. I forgot the “n” (mannered) and just spell checked it rather than corrected the mistake.
Looking for friends

#2 2010-08-20 17:57:27

patschwieterman
Administrator

Re: well and ill manured

Awesome. As these things usually go, “ill manured” is more eggcornical, but “well manured” is a whole lot funnier.

#3 2010-08-20 19:49:58

klakritz
Eggcornista

Re: well and ill manured

‘Well manored’ makes a lot more sense (but for just that reason is not as amusing).

He is conciderate, well manored, didn’t tell me he doesn’t believe me, and told me how he could help me. He is gentle and mild manored.
www.ratemds.com/doctor…/Dr-Ali-Moshav … on-BC.html

In El Salvador, where the contrast between the barefoot poor and the well-manored rich is extreme …
www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,91 … 63,00.html

The older children seem to be well educated and well manored young adults …
tampabay.momslikeme.com/members/JournalActions.aspx?

It is a shame that not all astronomers are honest, well manored individuals.
www.excelsis.com/1.0/entry.php?sectionid=28&entryid

Board footer