Eggcorn Forum

Discussions about eggcorns and related topics

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Registrations are currently closed because of a technical problem. Please send email to if you wish to register.

The forum administrator reserves the right to request users to plausibly demonstrate that they are real people with an interest in the topic of eggcorns. Otherwise they may be removed with no further justification. Likewise, accounts that have not been used for posting may be removed.

Thanks for your understanding.

Chris -- 2018-04-11

#1 2010-09-19 11:54:52

Transblawg

Beautification of the Pope

Hi Chris,

Have you got beautification instead of beatification? Google is full of it. At the moment it is the beautification of Cardinal Newman, although the beautification of Pius XII seems appropriate. Unfortunately I have not yet found the beautification of Pope Benedict.

Margaret

#2 2010-09-19 12:06:20

patschwieterman
Administrator

Re: Beautification of the Pope

Welcome to the forum, Transblawg.

You’re very timely—another poster on the forum was just discussing “beautification” a few days ago here: http://eggcorns.lascribe.net/forum/view … hp?id=1969

#3 2010-09-19 12:11:45

Transblawg

Well, I did check the database. What more can I do?

Margaret

#4 2010-09-19 19:27:06

patschwieterman
Administrator

It’s a common problem, and not one we blame anyone for. The site is divided into the Eggcorn Database and the Eggcorn Forum. The forum has 1000s of entries—like this one—that have never made it into the database. If you hit the “Eggcorn Database” button at the top left of this page, it will take you to the Database home page. And there you’ll find two search engines in the right-hand margin. Putting an entry into the lower one (labeled “Google Search”) should search both the forum and the database simultaneously.

#5 2010-09-20 02:23:55

Transblawg

Thanks. I did see that, and I deliberately didn’t use the Google search.

Margaret

Board footer