Eggcorn Forum

Discussions about eggcorns and related topics

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Registrations are currently closed because of a technical problem. Please send email to if you wish to register.

The forum administrator reserves the right to request users to plausibly demonstrate that they are real people with an interest in the topic of eggcorns. Otherwise they may be removed with no further justification. Likewise, accounts that have not been used for posting may be removed.

Thanks for your understanding.

Chris -- 2018-04-11

#1 2010-09-21 15:42:00

jorkel
Eggcornista

Going to HATEYS. (Hades)

Past eggcorn finds in this forum have included the Haiti/Hades mixup, but so far there has been no mention of how the word “hate” might get tossed into the mix. After all, haters surely must go to some hateful place Hateys, or perhaps live among a like group of hateys. Variational spelling expected.

Who Stole My Coffee?…Jan 29, 2010 … And, I will most likely be drinking coffee while doing this. Hence the title. Now you know to never steal my coffee. You will go to hateys. ...
whostolemycoffee.wordpress.com/ – Cached

ljharvey « Who Stole My Coffee?…Jan 29, 2010 … You will go to hateys. Here are the top 10 things you need to know about me. Right now anyways. These will change once a week and you can …
whostolemycoffee.wordpress.com/author/ljharvey/ – Cached

MySpace – Tony – 43 – Male – FLORENCE, Mississippi – myspace.com …All these go to Haties reality shows :/ Just arent my gig . No offense if they are what you like , atleast Im not at your house bitchin lol …
www.myspace.com/reydinnsonofthor – Cached

CTV Ottawa- IN DEPTH: Parliamentary Crises and Government Defeats …Nov 30, 2008… as for the Bloc Please Please just get the haties out of Canada, that is what you want so go, I don’t here France asking you to come …
ottawa.ctv.ca/servlet/an/local/CTVNews/.../OTT…/Flashpoint – Cached

School Prayer Debate Gets Heated | Pensacola FloridaSep 17, 2009… country was founded with God’s law in mind,these atheist sobs can go to haties if they want to [ maybe we should pray for them ]. ...
www.wkrg.com/florida/article/.../Sep-17-2009_6-33-pm/ – Cached – Similar

The Haties that McCain-Palin have made sure we’ll face | foloOct 11, 2008 … You know what McCain and Palin have been up to this week, don’t you. Until some intervenor(s) slapped John McCain upside the head hard …
www.folo.us/.../the-haties-that-mccain- … well-face/ – Cached

Health conspiracies usually aren’t | ZDNetFeb 29, 2008 … Spread the word that these people (referring to the haties) we were once scared … But all of the ?haties? that I know, and I myself, ...
www.zdnet.com/blog/healthcare/health-co … lly…/762 – Cached

Should Music Be Censored?Tell them to go to haties. I’m not changing it just cause you don’t approve. I also say create your’ own story or such if don’t like it. ...
support.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=pbgt&action=print… – Cached

Last edited by jorkel (2010-09-21 15:49:11)

#2 2010-09-21 19:32:54

DavidTuggy
Eggcornista
Website

Re: Going to HATEYS. (Hades)

The good people go to lovey’s.

*If the human mind were simple enough for us to understand,
we would be too simple-minded to understand it* .

(Possible Corollary: it is, and we are .)

#3 2010-09-22 11:46:12

kem
Eggcornista

The good people go to lovey’s.

Don’t they go to haven?

Hatching new language, one eggcorn at a time.

#4 2010-09-22 12:35:34

DavidTuggy
Eggcornista
Website

That too.

*If the human mind were simple enough for us to understand,
we would be too simple-minded to understand it* .

(Possible Corollary: it is, and we are .)

Board footer