Eggcorn Forum

Discussions about eggcorns and related topics

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Registrations are currently closed because of a technical problem. Please send email to if you wish to register.

The forum administrator reserves the right to request users to plausibly demonstrate that they are real people with an interest in the topic of eggcorns. Otherwise they may be removed with no further justification. Likewise, accounts that have not been used for posting may be removed.

Thanks for your understanding.

Chris -- 2018-04-11

#1 2010-09-27 16:36:58

David Bird
Eggcornista

"arrow dynamic" for aerodynamic

Some eggcorns are almost embarrassingly obvious, yet they have somehow avoided capture by our collected eggheads. An arrow is aerodynamic, or it wouldn’t fly right. It’s a short hop to arrow dynamics.

Patent application
In order to maintain arrow dynamic flight characteristics of an archery arrow, it is important to maintain the precise position of the archery vane with respect to the arrow shaft.

Skinhead memories
the good things about being bald are, 1: you cool off real quick, 2: your more arrow dynamic , 3:you feel wind easier 4: you take shorter showers and use less shampoo

Arrow Bars for Time Trial Race Bikes
you will ride down like this. The benefit of riding in this position is that you are more arrow dynamic. That is why they are called arrow bars.

Mixed Martial Arts
My arms are shaved that means I have no hair under my armpits. you know what that means brohams, i’m arrow dynamic when I fight!

War gamer site
Blizzard looks windy so i’ll be putting my hat backwards…makes me more arrow dynamic when i gun fight.

Body armour specs
They state that key points in the suit have outlined groves to make it more arrow dynamic and all the more dramatic when hiding in the shadows.

#2 2010-09-28 21:43:36

burred
Eggcornista

Re: "arrow dynamic" for aerodynamic

Did you get the idea from those eggcorns in Danish ? Eurodynamic, so sleek and stylish.

Skater forum
i was flying so fast and eurodynamically in my tight nut-crunching jeans today!

Motorbike enthusiasts
the R2s are faster, the headlight is more eurodynamic, less wind resistance, better air flow, FASTER

#3 2010-10-07 12:30:46

Peter Forster
Eggcornista

I think this is a fine find and am surprised it is about to drop off the page without comment – apart from your own that is – you really must stop talking to yourself like this, David. Clearly some people really believe that ‘aerodynamic’ is ‘arrow dynamic’:

It’s arrow dynamic shape causes minimal disturbance to sound fields being measured.

It has a body adapted for fast long-distance swimming with its arrow dynamic shape and light weight (reduced) shell. Squids are known to have great …

#4 2010-10-07 19:31:44

kem
Eggcornista

I agree, Peter. This is one of the finds of the year.

Hatching new language, one eggcorn at a time.

Board footer