Eggcorn Forum

Discussions about eggcorns and related topics

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Registrations are currently closed because of a technical problem. Please send email to if you wish to register.

The forum administrator reserves the right to request users to plausibly demonstrate that they are real people with an interest in the topic of eggcorns. Otherwise they may be removed with no further justification. Likewise, accounts that have not been used for posting may be removed.

Thanks for your understanding.

Chris -- 2018-04-11

#1 2010-10-14 12:25:59

DavidTuggy
Eggcornista
Website

the whole kitchen caboodle

Ken mentioned this possibility in the discussion of kitten caboodle (and kitsch and caboodle ), but the hits he found seemed to be advertent, including the name of a commercial outfit selling cookware. Those hits are still there, but I ran into an apparently live one, and found a few more.
It is likely a blend also/instead: the whole kit and caboodle teaming up with everything but/including the kitchen sink .

And here’s a whole kitchen caboodle of loads, in Firefox and IE. Running through Fiddler, I’m seeing a lot of the same problems with the css

SO you still have the chance to get the whole kitchen caboodle for only $30 it is GINORMOUS so that is a tremendous deal!

finally this is our new integrated Xanluna! On-Line Store where we feature mostly artistic and health related products and unique one of a kind items. This system utilizes PayPal for all transactions and relies on PayPal for all electronic funds transfer. Safe and secure. ¶ That’s it! The whole kitchen caboodle. We hope you enjoy the new Xanluna! and take advantage of some our premium articles.

The Irish Times – Property · Thursday 14 April 2005 € Homes include the whole kitchen caboodle Dublin 15/from €265000:

Goddesses, semi- gods, demi-gods, demons, the ideas of heaven and hell. Wh, they are the one’s who created the whole kitchen caboodle of Aryanism. Enough said. My readers know, that I know, that they love me. It is only true love. The truth is that they pray constantly for my natural and/or accidental death.

Amelia monica, i was uber-safe just like you and got the whole kitchen caboodle of shots. even managed to pass out after the typhoid and hep A ones…whoops …

*If the human mind were simple enough for us to understand,
we would be too simple-minded to understand it* .

(Possible Corollary: it is, and we are .)

#2 2010-10-20 21:25:59

David Bird
Eggcornista

Re: the whole kitchen caboodle

Scrumptious blend. And thanks for the whole peculiar post in the 5th case. That’s part of the fun of these examples, that they can be interesting and inexplicable artifacts out of context.

I tried to push “kitten caboodle” to its logical end, and came up with the following meagre though defensible hits.

My wife came to America at age 11 speaking 2 non-English languages. Cliches gave her hell. She thought “the whole kit and caboodle” was “the whole kitten and poodle”. Both kittens and poodles are popular pets, you have both a cat and a dog, so it made sense to her. Who the hell uses “caboodle” to mean a backpack anymore?
Second person account

it is absolutely essential to run through Throwing Copper, Secret Samadhi and the Distance To Here then incorporate the whole Kitten and Poodle into a killer compilation.
Rock group review

Board footer