Eggcorn Forum

Discussions about eggcorns and related topics

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Registrations are currently closed because of a technical problem. Please send email to if you wish to register.

The forum administrator reserves the right to request users to plausibly demonstrate that they are real people with an interest in the topic of eggcorns. Otherwise they may be removed with no further justification. Likewise, accounts that have not been used for posting may be removed.

Thanks for your understanding.

Chris -- 2018-04-11

#1 2010-11-08 18:03:27

Peter Forster
Eggcornista

'mildstone' for 'milestone'

I thought I heard someone pronounce milestone as mildstone and googling revealed further examples. Life being a rocky road at times, seed falling on stony ground and suchlike might suggest that reaching a mild stone might be a pleasant contrast to the harder and harsher varieties. And although the close proximity of ‘d’ and ‘e’ on the keyboard make most examples likely to be no more than typos, I’d like to think that some usage reflects the occasional encounter with a benign boulder.

I’m close to a mildstone, and all mildstones should be celebrated on a Daily… I can’t have a mildstone in that thread, it’s such a madhouse no one would notice!

My birthday has passed, I hit a mildstone this year. It’s not so bad.

Again, this mildstone is less then one month away. How can we each or together mark this mildstone?

They should make the mild stones in your life. Like when you turn ten and hit the double digits. The all-important thirteenth Birthday when you finally …

Share those special mild stones in your family’s life with other family and friends. Add movies to your web site and take still digital …

Board footer