Eggcorn Forum

Discussions about eggcorns and related topics

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Registrations are currently closed because of a technical problem. Please send email to if you wish to register.

The forum administrator reserves the right to request users to plausibly demonstrate that they are real people with an interest in the topic of eggcorns. Otherwise they may be removed with no further justification. Likewise, accounts that have not been used for posting may be removed.

Thanks for your understanding.

Chris -- 2018-04-11

#1 2010-12-13 18:36:03

David Bird
Eggcornista

"Sexpool" for cesspool

Cesspool (17th c.), came either from a Fr. word for drainpipe (sospiral) via an eggcorn mechanism, or alternatively, from It. cesso, for “privy” from the delicate L. secesso, “place to retire to”, among other likely dialectical sources. Opprobrium has refashioned a cesspool of filth and corruption into an immoral festering sex pool. They seem to be most common in West Africa.

Scandal
The country has become a sexpool of sick, morally and spiritually depressed people

Righteousness
an idle mind is a sexpool of evilness. A contaminated hand needs to be cleaned and decontaminated

Political blog
You are right that solid waste management has become a sexpool of money for greedy politicians and contractors

Social forum
I also kinda sent a happy drunk text to my ex last night, but it was a nice text that gave me some closure, and hopefully is a step towards using the ex as an information bank for dating advice rather than the sexpool of emotions she currently is for me.

Police scandal
Nigeria is a sex pool of corruption.

What happened to the good times
The local artist begin to have relations with all their lady fans which caused jealousy, envy, negativity and drama to stir up among the women. Once folks who were actually coming to see the show realized it was nothing but a sex pool of drama at the shows, they no longer wanted to come out and support.

#2 2010-12-13 20:43:24

burred
Eggcornista

Re: "Sexpool" for cesspool

Speaking of steamy sexpools…

The root of all evil
The love of money, power and glory. A veritable hot tub of temptations and malevolent influences.

I suspect that a hotbed is the compost heap they were after here.

Last edited by burred (2010-12-13 20:44:36)

#3 2010-12-14 03:17:34

Peter Forster
Eggcornista

The confusion works with cesspit too:

we were sharing a fucking coach with about 90 percent of peterlee’s Pikey population, turned the toilet into a sexpit

#4 2010-12-14 08:04:57

jorkel
Eggcornista

Hilarious eggcorn! And it makes a lot of sense since most people have no idea what “cess” is supposed to mean.

Board footer