Eggcorn Forum

Discussions about eggcorns and related topics

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Registrations are currently closed because of a technical problem. Please send email to if you wish to register.

The forum administrator reserves the right to request users to plausibly demonstrate that they are real people with an interest in the topic of eggcorns. Otherwise they may be removed with no further justification. Likewise, accounts that have not been used for posting may be removed.

Thanks for your understanding.

Chris -- 2018-04-11

#1 2010-12-14 03:49:47

Peter Forster
Eggcornista

Baa humbug!

The disdainful interjection bah may have been common once, but it seems to owe its continued existence to its symbiotic relationship with humbug. The expression is often used – even as a noun sometimes – to describe someone who complains or bleats. (I’d never have guessed that there were so many drinking dens all over the world called Bar Humbug, but there are, there are.)

Christmas, well I am a bit of a “Baa Humbug,” I hate the build up, the stress and wrapping presents, the wrapping presents bit because it always looks like …

... is broadcast in native HD which is much low res than full HD, again I may be guilty of being slightly baa humbug about the whole thing. ...

Also as I’m supporting the London Olympics I don’t think its me that is the baa humbug…

... thank you. i didint see the first post. baa humbug to everyone complaining, we dont all stroll past here 3 times a day. ...

Board footer