Eggcorn Forum

Discussions about eggcorns and related topics

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Registrations are currently closed because of a technical problem. Please send email to if you wish to register.

The forum administrator reserves the right to request users to plausibly demonstrate that they are real people with an interest in the topic of eggcorns. Otherwise they may be removed with no further justification. Likewise, accounts that have not been used for posting may be removed.

Thanks for your understanding.

Chris -- 2018-04-11

#1 2011-01-03 12:53:40

jorkel
Eggcornista

Hit a WRONG (raw) nerve

Not surprising that some might mix up “raw” and “wrong” in this idiomatic expression:

Altered Perceptions | 2010 | December | 13Dec 13, 2010 … One thing that pissed me off about that damn cantata may seem trivial to you but it hit a wrong nerve with me. For some reason completely …
perception8598.wordpress.com/2010/12/13/ – Cached

Fanfic: My Kind of Party Ch 8, Vampire AcademyOct 21, 2010 … I could tell I had hit a wrong nerve when she stood up and went to check her pasta. When she came back, it was with a huge plate filled with …
m.fanfiction.net/s/6395191/8/

Giant – Instant Win Triple Winner Lottery Style Game – Giant Food …11 posts – 10 authors – Last post: Apr 21, 2010
... there is a illusion that you will get something back, and you may not. Sorry if I sound harsh, but your comment hit a wrong nerve. ...
www.afullcup.com/.../363198-giant-insta … ery-style- game.html – CachedGet more discussion results

Is there a blackberry app in development?May 13, 2010 … I’m sure that many of us didn’t mean to come across as rude…the previous response from your co-worker hit a wrong nerve in a lot of us. ...
getsatisfaction.com/.../is_there_a_blackberry_app_in_development – Cached

YouTube – lovemycrissangel’s ChannelBut I can be quick to anger if you hit a wrong nerve. Be that as it may, my user name does not suggest much truthfulness about me anymore. ...
www.youtube.com/user/lovemycrissangel – Cached

Last edited by jorkel (2011-01-03 13:03:32)

#2 2011-01-03 14:59:17

kem
Eggcornista

Re: Hit a WRONG (raw) nerve

Perhaps there is some confusion with “hit a wrong note.”

Hatching new language, one eggcorn at a time.

Board footer