Eggcorn Forum

Discussions about eggcorns and related topics

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Registrations are temporarily closed as we're receiving a steady stream of registration spam.

Anyone who wishes to register, please email me at chris dot waigl at gmail dot com with the desired username and a valid email address, and I will register you manually.

Thanks for your understanding.

Chris -- 2011-03-08

#1 2011-01-07 12:01:53

Peter Forster
Eggcornista

'trancefixed' for 'transfixed'

Four letters into writing the word transfixed I found an unexpected fork in the road and suddenly word-blind I began trampling the undergrowth in search of a fallen spelling-signpost or some stony stump bearing an arrow, or anything really. Memory returned almost immediately, but trancefixed remained as a possible eggcorn. Most usage is deliberate and bound to electronic dance music or hynotherapy but I’d like to think the following are genuine misunderstandings:

I was trance-fixed by your version of “Bette Davis Eyes” it was brilliant.

... everything toys and mobiles ect till i found that if i wore long necklaces she was trancefixed almost they were shiny and she could play …

Everyone at one time or another has seen a Moroccan themed room and gazed, trance fixed, at it’s seemingly unlimited colors and endless …

... wow, im trance fixed by those eyes!

Somehow got trance fixed to watching Channel 4 then realised i was watching Blue Peter for adults on the verge of a nervous breakdown.

... it seemes like my eyes has been trancefigured something deep inside has change i’ve been open wide but hold that trigger …

#2 2011-01-07 17:57:07

kem
Eggcornista

Re: 'trancefixed' for 'transfixed'

A plum of an eggcorn. You should get lost more often.

#3 2011-01-08 23:53:01

David Bird
Eggcornista

Re: 'trancefixed' for 'transfixed'

Your trance figuration turned up some new classics. I suspect there are others ways to trance end earthly trammels.

Art for sale Tranceindental stars

Dream account All i remember right now is that 4 million people have been nuked for feeding purposes and mass tranceindental illumination. But that was just a start. The feeling was very wierd.

Discography not only dreamy house music like “Rescue Me” but also, and almost more so, with trancindental breaks/ drum’n’bass.

No legitimate “trance ending” that I could find amid the gurus, ravers and hypnotists.

Board footer