Eggcorn Forum

Discussions about eggcorns and related topics

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Registrations are currently closed because of a technical problem. Please send email to if you wish to register.

The forum administrator reserves the right to request users to plausibly demonstrate that they are real people with an interest in the topic of eggcorns. Otherwise they may be removed with no further justification. Likewise, accounts that have not been used for posting may be removed.

Thanks for your understanding.

Chris -- 2018-04-11

#1 2011-01-07 06:01:53

Peter Forster
Eggcornista

'trancefixed' for 'transfixed'

Four letters into writing the word transfixed I found an unexpected fork in the road and suddenly word-blind I began trampling the undergrowth in search of a fallen spelling-signpost or some stony stump bearing an arrow, or anything really. Memory returned almost immediately, but trancefixed remained as a possible eggcorn. Most usage is deliberate and bound to electronic dance music or hynotherapy but I’d like to think the following are genuine misunderstandings:

I was trance-fixed by your version of “Bette Davis Eyes” it was brilliant.

... everything toys and mobiles ect till i found that if i wore long necklaces she was trancefixed almost they were shiny and she could play …

Everyone at one time or another has seen a Moroccan themed room and gazed, trance fixed, at it’s seemingly unlimited colors and endless …

... wow, im trance fixed by those eyes!

Somehow got trance fixed to watching Channel 4 then realised i was watching Blue Peter for adults on the verge of a nervous breakdown.

... it seemes like my eyes has been trancefigured something deep inside has change i’ve been open wide but hold that trigger …

#2 2011-01-07 11:57:07

kem
Eggcornista

Re: 'trancefixed' for 'transfixed'

A plum of an eggcorn. You should get lost more often.

Hatching new language, one eggcorn at a time.

#3 2011-01-08 17:53:01

David Bird
Eggcornista

Re: 'trancefixed' for 'transfixed'

Your trance figuration turned up some new classics. I suspect there are others ways to trance end earthly trammels.

Art for sale Tranceindental stars

Dream account All i remember right now is that 4 million people have been nuked for feeding purposes and mass tranceindental illumination. But that was just a start. The feeling was very wierd.

Discography not only dreamy house music like “Rescue Me” but also, and almost more so, with trancindental breaks/ drum’n’bass.

No legitimate “trance ending” that I could find amid the gurus, ravers and hypnotists.

Board footer