Eggcorn Forum

Discussions about eggcorns and related topics

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Registrations are currently closed because of a technical problem. Please send email to if you wish to register.

The forum administrator reserves the right to request users to plausibly demonstrate that they are real people with an interest in the topic of eggcorns. Otherwise they may be removed with no further justification. Likewise, accounts that have not been used for posting may be removed.

Thanks for your understanding.

Chris -- 2018-04-11

#1 2011-01-08 11:31:39

jorkel
Eggcornista

InCLIMBed plane (inclined)

My third-grade son has been studying simple machines in science, and we were looking over his exam today and asked him to explain “inclimbed plane” in one of his answers. His response was that the plane was used for climbing. The actual simple device is the “inclined plane.” This situation makes a lot of sense since a third-grader may be more familiar with the word “climb” than “incline.” I haven’t checked the internet yet, so this may simply be one of those personal eggcorn, but the whole event brought us great delight today.

#2 2011-01-08 11:36:43

jorkel
Eggcornista

Re: InCLIMBed plane (inclined)

Internet examples:

Search Results第二次世界大戰中的十大致命武器- 香港高登討論區 – [ Translate this page ]27 posts – 17 authors – Last post: Oct 11, 2010
KV-2猛好多,德國士兵報告話一米近距離打佢都跳彈 [sosad] 好撚硬 [sosad]. :o) KV-2 is all but useless on inclimbed plane ...
forum1.hkgolden.com/view.aspx?message=2624191&page=16 – CachedGet more discussion results

An object start to form rest from point A on a frictionless curve …an object start to form rest from point A on a frictionless curve surface ABC and then contiues the its motion on an inclimb plane CD and horizontal plan DE …
www.forumlogr.com/.../An-object-start-t … nt-A-on-a- frictionless-curve-surface-ABC-and-then-contiues-the-its-motion.ht… – Cached

Car won’t start….... | MG MGB GT V8 Factory Originals Technical …Feb 6, 2005 … I can’t really jump start it as it is in my garage and its on an inclimb so as soon as I get it out of the door its on a downward hill. ...
www.british-cars.net/.../car-wont-start … 658942.htm – Cached – Similar

UKpassats.co.uk • View topic – Snow25 posts – 14 authors – Last post: Feb 3, 2009
best car i had for snow was my 85 1l polo breadvan tis was ace even off road i managed to get up a little dirt track on an inclimb which …
www.ukpassats.co.uk/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=10757 – CachedGet more discussion results

Last edited by jorkel (2011-01-08 11:39:32)

#3 2011-01-08 14:59:23

David Bird
Eggcornista

Re: InCLIMBed plane (inclined)

Beauty. Inclimbed plane is an ingenious addition to our earlier discussion on climbs/climes.

Board footer