Eggcorn Forum

Discussions about eggcorns and related topics

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Registrations are temporarily closed as we're receiving a steady stream of registration spam.

Anyone who wishes to register, please email me at chris dot waigl at gmail dot com with the desired username and a valid email address, and I will register you manually.

Thanks for your understanding.

Chris -- 2011-03-08

#1 2011-09-13 11:27:10

David Bird
Eggcornista

'Bloody merry' for 'bloody Mary'

The northeast quadrant of Kem’s 4-corner map is where Aunty Lehman lives, grimly sipping her bloody merrys.

About an hour later me and two friends had a nice lunch on church street and decided to each enjoy a few bloody merrys. Now I am a small girl, but I swear to god I have the tolerance of a horse. Not to mention these were extremely weak drinks. After the two bloody merrys I was literally feeling like I just had five beers.
Student drug experience

#2 2011-09-13 14:59:17

DavidTuggy
Eggcornista
Website

Re: 'Bloody merry' for 'bloody Mary'

Bloody Merry’s chewing beetle-nut …

*If the human mind were simple enough for us to understand,
we would be too simple-minded to understand it* .

(Possible Corollary: it is, and we are .)

#3 2011-09-13 15:59:24

kem
Eggcornista

Re: 'Bloody merry' for 'bloody Mary'

... on a mary-go-round…

Blog entry: “This is demonstrated by having two people stand opposite each other on a mary-go-round. If one individual threw a ball straight across to the other while spinning, the ball would appear to curve opposite the direction of the mary-go-round.”

Report of theme park injury: “A little boy pushed his little sister off the mary go round and she broke her rib arm and leg.”

Blog entry about Disneyland: “ I figure the mary-go-round can’t be too bad!! Well… I was wrong. I almost missed a step when we got off.”

Board footer