Eggcorn Forum

Discussions about eggcorns and related topics

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Registrations are temporarily closed as we're receiving a steady stream of registration spam.

Anyone who wishes to register, please email me at chris dot waigl at gmail dot com with the desired username and a valid email address, and I will register you manually.

Thanks for your understanding.

Chris -- 2011-03-08

#1 2012-02-23 16:56:09

burred
Eggcornista

Misinterrupted

I ran across this silical-looking misinterpretation on a news forum. It is strangely common; there are more than two hundred more-or-less unique hits on Bing. A widespread Cupertino? Has a nice Bushistic ring.

Einstein’s wife was the brains he just mis-interrupted her theory
Science news comment

It sort of sounds like Hitchens mis-interrupted Gore’s articles and doesn’t want to admit it
Forum

you’re thinking, what can I do to act more natural. That, my friend, is an oxymoron and can easily be mis-interrupted.
Essays for sale

we would like to clarify a few issues that may be mis- interrupted by the press and the many many message boards.
Wrestling team open letter

The outcome borders on nothingness, zeros and ones of binary code mis-interrupted as something else, an err in the system, contextualised as contemporary art
Art criticism

Edit: About half of the hits are in the undivided misinterrupted form – those can’t be Cupertinos.

Last edited by burred (2012-02-23 17:17:34)

Board footer