Eggcorn Forum

Discussions about eggcorns and related topics

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Registrations are temporarily closed as we're receiving a steady stream of registration spam.

Anyone who wishes to register, please email me at chris dot waigl at gmail dot com with the desired username and a valid email address, and I will register you manually.

Thanks for your understanding.

Chris -- 2011-03-08

#1 2013-01-02 16:53:30

kem
Eggcornista

consoul << console, counsel

Beadwof wakes early in 2013 to put some rimy Teutonic soul back into those multisyllabic devils from the sun-drenched south. First he goes after “console:”

Song lyrics: “I love the way you held my hand/Always consouled me when I was sad”

Pakistan site: “Around 500 people were consouled via this project, they were given reasons to live their life and a positive feedback was observed. ”

Comment on Forbes article: “I took a walk with another artist, and she consouled me.”

Post in a relationship forum: “you can be there to consoul her, and maybe in time tell her afterwards”

Then he ambushes “counsel:”

Web log: “My parents are getting marrige consouling and the are sending me to therapy.”

Chat forum: “is there a number i can call for free consouling or help on personal issues”

Relationship forum: “ She says nothing is wrong and then I ask if we can go to marriage consouling but she won’t go.”

#2 2013-01-02 22:13:26

David Bird
Eggcornista

Re: consoul << console, counsel

“Consoul” is a beautiful, touching eggcorn when the acorn is console. It works for counsel, too. Couples can attempt marriage consouling; if it doesn’t work out the next step is marriage consoling.

We have “soul rights << sole rights” in the Database, though the examples are not terribly convincing. Soully responsible produces more credible hits.

Board footer