Eggcorn Forum

Discussions about eggcorns and related topics

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Registrations are currently closed because of a technical problem. Please send email to if you wish to register.

The forum administrator reserves the right to request users to plausibly demonstrate that they are real people with an interest in the topic of eggcorns. Otherwise they may be removed with no further justification. Likewise, accounts that have not been used for posting may be removed.

Thanks for your understanding.

Chris -- 2018-04-11

#1 2013-01-24 20:39:07

burred
Eggcornista

I'd rather have famonia than claps lung

This one was reported on a fractured usage thread (first hit). I’m slowly working my way through these; there are some interesting ones. Claps or clapped lung must be the dreadful sound the two sides of your lung make coming together. Or maybe those organs are clapped out. But note that nobody’s winning spelling bees here.

A guy I used to work with told me that he almost died from claps lung when he was in high school.
Health board

I almost died from pnomonia. Durthing that time I had a partly claps left lung. [...] So I have they call it something besides claps lung and I don’t remember what it is call off hand.
Lung forum

OP: I’d rather have famonia than claps lung.
R: Do you get that from oral sex?
forum

they stopped the internal bleeding but that she has serve injuries including broken rids, a clapped lung, and that she is in a coma do to a major head injury.
fanfic

they said you had a clap lung and you had a heartact
blog

Last edited by burred (2013-01-24 21:12:18)

#2 2013-01-25 11:09:14

kem
Eggcornista

Re: I'd rather have famonia than claps lung

Great image reworking. More than just lungs can claps:

Blog entry: “ help to get out the people that are trap inside claps buildings.”

Fan fiction: “It was somewhere around 3am when they claps into bed breathing heavy and falling asleep.”

Webzine article: “And then on the last beat, they all clapped into a heap on the floor.”

Hatching new language, one eggcorn at a time.

Board footer