Eggcorn Forum

Discussions about eggcorns and related topics

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Registrations are temporarily closed as we're receiving a steady stream of registration spam.

Anyone who wishes to register, please email me at chris dot waigl at gmail dot com with the desired username and a valid email address, and I will register you manually.

Thanks for your understanding.

Chris -- 2011-03-08

#1 2014-07-29 12:15:58

JuanTwoThree
Eggcornista

Le cheek c'est chic

Does anyone have any great and inexpensive idea’s for decorating a bedroom in a shabby cheek/cottage sytle look?

You will experience the upscale charm of the old west with some shabby cheek red fabrics and black and white prints that makes the d├ęcor

They have a shabby cheek look to them because they were less than perfectly pieced

Upcycling clothes and shabby cheek is very much on trend and with a little practice is helping me reduce my wardrobe hell

I had hoped to find “chubby cheek” in place of “shabby chic” but, alas, no takers that I could see.

#2 2014-07-29 17:30:58

JuanTwoThree
Eggcornista

Re: Le cheek c'est chic

PS

I know that sheik(h)/chic is an oldy but goody but this might amuse:

http://shopkins-fossick.blogspot.com.es … eally.html

and there are plenty of “shabby sheikhs” out there too, which are not tongue-in-cheek (or Lassie stories)

#3 2014-07-30 16:52:01

Dixon Wragg
Eggcornista

Re: Le cheek c'est chic

I think “sheik” is more properly pronounced like “shake”, and I’m reminded of the Frank Zappa album, the cover of which featured Zappa dressed as a sheik, entitled “Sheik Yerbouti”.

Board footer