Eggcorn Forum

Discussions about eggcorns and related topics

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Registrations are currently closed because of a technical problem. Please send email to if you wish to register.

The forum administrator reserves the right to request users to plausibly demonstrate that they are real people with an interest in the topic of eggcorns. Otherwise they may be removed with no further justification. Likewise, accounts that have not been used for posting may be removed.

Thanks for your understanding.

Chris -- 2018-04-11

#1 2015-01-04 21:40:53

Dixon Wragg
Eggcornista

"inherent" for "inherit"

“Inherit” for “inherent” has been addressed in both the Database and the Forum, but its converse “inherent” for “inherit” hasn’t.

The New Ulm Actors Community Theatre’s production of “Inherent the Wind” was canceled last week…
blog

I embraced dialogue with the JFK speech or Inherent the Wind.
interview with Kevin Costner
[This one may be a transcription error. It’s hard to imagine someone who’s been in the play mispronouncing the title—even Kevin Costner.]

If this had a bit of an “Inherent the Wind” redux quality, Kevin Bacon was stuck with the somewhat thankless Williams Jennings Bryan role…
play review

After going through your profile i decided to contact you for friendship and assistace and distribution of my inherentance
scam

They will cut child tax credits and childs trust funds whilst at the same time giving an inherentance give away of £200,000 to the most well of states in the country.
blog

Just curious who here on this site has inherented their Bronco?
Bronco thread

Bigotry. An Inherented trait?
title of a thread

When the inheritance is genetic, this could be an eggcorn, as traits we inherit genetically are inherent in us.

Board footer