Eggcorn Forum

Discussions about eggcorns and related topics

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Registrations are currently closed because of a technical problem. Please send email to if you wish to register.

The forum administrator reserves the right to request users to plausibly demonstrate that they are real people with an interest in the topic of eggcorns. Otherwise they may be removed with no further justification. Likewise, accounts that have not been used for posting may be removed.

Thanks for your understanding.

Chris -- 2018-04-11

#1 2015-07-23 18:52:20

David Bird
Eggcornista

The best thing since life spread

The NPR eggcorn list suggested the best thing since life’s bread. Some kind of staff of life connection, you would think. It suggested another take on sliced bread that’s more mind expanding: the best thing since life spread. That really must be a good thing, exceeding everything else for the last hundreds of millions if not billions of years.

Admission: I used to think it was ”...the best thing since life spread”.

Gamer: she is still under the influence that Sargaras is the best thing since life spread.

Reddit: An ex girlfriend of mine used to think ‘the best thing since sliced bread’ actually was ‘the best thing since life spread’ No idea where her logic was. But then she did wake me up after staying in a hotel once, to ask me where the ice had gone from the sink (we had filled the sink with ice to keep drinks cold). I had opened the plug hole but it’s still no mystery.

Business blurb: So many times you start a business online and thinking that you are going to be rich because this opportunity is the best thing since life spread

#2 2015-07-27 04:26:07

crispybacon

Re: The best thing since life spread

It’s an impressive find, and I’m surprised at just how many of these are out there.

Board footer