Eggcorn Forum

Discussions about eggcorns and related topics

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Registrations are currently closed because of a technical problem. Please send email to if you wish to register.

The forum administrator reserves the right to request users to plausibly demonstrate that they are real people with an interest in the topic of eggcorns. Otherwise they may be removed with no further justification. Likewise, accounts that have not been used for posting may be removed.

Thanks for your understanding.

Chris -- 2018-04-11

#1 2015-09-21 11:01:05

actesq

"dramatic brain injury"

Is “dramatic brain injury” a legitimate term or is it an eggcorn for “traumatic brain injury”?

#2 2015-09-21 14:13:15

DavidTuggy
Eggcornista
Website

Re: "dramatic brain injury"

It could easily enough be both (at different times and/or for different speakers.)
It’s been discussed several times on the site, e.g. here
Go to the database page and do a search on “traumatic” with the google search engine (the second search option on that page) to find others. It’s a good idea to check out any submission that way. We’ve done at least some thinking about a lot of them (though it is still perfectly legitimate to rethink them.)

*If the human mind were simple enough for us to understand,
we would be too simple-minded to understand it* .

(Possible Corollary: it is, and we are .)

#3 2015-09-26 01:47:55

Peter Forster
Eggcornista

Re: "dramatic brain injury"

Here’s another variant I’ve stumbled across. Neither work well in BrEnglish, where most usage would rhyme with korma rather than karma. For some of us the initial syllable would rhyme with cow, which doesn’t work either. But mainly I just want to displace that slice of spam which this post now sits upon.

Justin suffered both his legs broken and severe head drama.

Right now I’m recovering from a brain drama caused from a seizure from being over drugged by doctors.

Board footer