Eggcorn Forum

Discussions about eggcorns and related topics

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Registrations are currently closed because of a technical problem. Please send email to if you wish to register.

The forum administrator reserves the right to request users to plausibly demonstrate that they are real people with an interest in the topic of eggcorns. Otherwise they may be removed with no further justification. Likewise, accounts that have not been used for posting may be removed.

Thanks for your understanding.

Chris -- 2018-04-11

#1 2016-02-05 19:45:46

Dixon Wragg
Eggcornista

"epitome" << >> "epiphany"

This one is quite common:

Has anyone else had an epitome and changed their lifestyle around?
Q&A site

I had an Epitome in the gym today…..when I realized that their (falsely) advertised fee was just a smaller portion of the actual larger fee.
attempted discussion

For me it wasn’t until several years and many client assisted enrollments that I had an epitome: I am not stupid, disability insurance is overly complicated!
insurance site

And then today she wrote that she had an epitome about something. I think what she meant was that she had an epiphany.
blog

And, it’s a round-tripper:

The man is not only a good actor, attractive, funny and smart… he is the epiphany of perfect male role model…
YouTube

It is obvious to everyone he is the epiphany of a solution sales “wolf” in sheeps clothes.
blog

He is the epiphany of the Labrador breed type –
dog blog

If you don’t believe us take a look of this gorges baby boy, Roberto Andres he is only four days old and he is the epiphany of perfection.
another blog

Not sure about any eggcornish meaning connection…

#2 2016-02-08 18:49:39

kem
Eggcornista

Re: "epitome" << >> "epiphany"

Seems to be an eggcorn. “Epitome” and “epiphany” both point toward ultimate experiences.

Hatching new language, one eggcorn at a time.

Board footer