Eggcorn Forum

Discussions about eggcorns and related topics

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Registrations are currently closed because of a technical problem. Please send email to if you wish to register.

The forum administrator reserves the right to request users to plausibly demonstrate that they are real people with an interest in the topic of eggcorns. Otherwise they may be removed with no further justification. Likewise, accounts that have not been used for posting may be removed.

Thanks for your understanding.

Chris -- 2018-04-11

#1 2016-10-15 16:38:23

Dixon Wragg
Eggcornista

"16th Chapel", "creamation", "rigor Morris"

Here is a funny list of spelling mistakes from Twitter. Amongst the mere spelling errors there are a few amusing eggcorns. In addition to several already discussed here, such as “car pool tunnel” (carpal tunnel), “calm and sense” (common sense), “pedalstool” (pedestal), “peanut noir” (pinot noir), “lack toast and tolerant” (lactose intolerant), and “80HD” (ADHD), there are some new ones:

Your tellin me Michaelangelo painted the 16th chapel blind?

Ceiling of the 16th chapel!

The soccer ball painted in my room is better than the 16th chapel!!!

Burial or creamation?

Creamation my granpa RIP

Can’t stop wondering: How the protests were dampened.. how the creamation was done in secrecy..

AHH! Middle school listening to kids talk about funerals, creamation, cemetaries etc.

Rigor Morris setting in.

Dude said in the AK store that was a body behind his building that had Rigor Morris!!!

Having an Outlook calendar is the first stage of rigor Morris.

P.S. I just realized I’ve joined the “over 1000 posts club”! I don’t know whether to be proud or embarrassed.

Last edited by Dixon Wragg (2016-10-15 16:39:14)

#2 2016-10-17 06:07:03

Peter Forster
Eggcornista

Re: "16th Chapel", "creamation", "rigor Morris"

Congratulations, Dixon. Yes, a mere 50 gets you Eggcornista status so 1000 surely merits some further recognition, preferably before I get there too. Possibly Chris did not imagine when setting up the site that anyone would be mad enough to submit that many posts.
Getting rigorous for a moment, for me rigor mortis came after woodworking joints and mortice locks, both of which have clear eggcornish applications.
(Did you have Morris dancing in mind, or did you assume it might be a Lehmann?)

Completely changing the subject, Cheryl at works tells a story today that when she was young, she asked her mum who invented the mortice lock, and went to school thinking that it was Rigor Mortice.

your fillets are suffering the ‘stiffness of death’ or rigor mortice. If you fillet them before they have gone thru RM then the flesh shrinks without the …

#3 2016-10-18 04:57:13

Dixon Wragg
Eggcornista

Re: "16th Chapel", "creamation", "rigor Morris"

Peter Forster wrote:

(Did you have Morris dancing in mind, or did you assume it might be a Lehmann?)

I was thinking Lehmann.

Board footer