Eggcorn Forum

Discussions about eggcorns and related topics

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Registrations are currently closed because of a technical problem. Please send email to if you wish to register.

The forum administrator reserves the right to request users to plausibly demonstrate that they are real people with an interest in the topic of eggcorns. Otherwise they may be removed with no further justification. Likewise, accounts that have not been used for posting may be removed.

Thanks for your understanding.

Chris -- 2018-04-11

#1 2016-11-29 14:59:12

Dixon Wragg
Eggcornista

"stooped" for "stupid"

It’s always ironic to see someone spelling badly in the context of calling someone else stupid (or “stooped”).

I hate it when creationists drag me into there stooped anti-Science (but we love science) propaganda.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1219170 … 4808191263

I admit now I was young at the time and a really stooped thing to do , now its just costing me headaches…
discussion

It seems like a stooped thing to do…
another discussion

we found out and I started panicking he went to get the pregnancy test while I was home crying feeling measurable and ashamed at the fact that I am so stooped.
pregnancy tale
[Note “measurable” for “miserable” above. A silicism, perhaps?]

Hell, even 1 grown ass man tackling her would be a stooped thing to do.
cop tases an 8-year-old

What you thinking? Ted are you so stooped or what your games ? Trump don’t care about you he think you so Dum!
tweet

You so stooped. Why did they start beheading us in the first place? Because we tortured them in the same orange jump suits. You stooped jackles what comes around goes around.
discussion

It looks like poop and that’s so stooped you should have been doing this right you need to see a doctor now right now ok stooped
another discussion

Probably just a misspelling in most cases, though I guess it’s possible that someone imagines that being stooped over is correlated with stupidity, as in a knuckle-dragging caveman or an old, senile person.

Last edited by Dixon Wragg (2016-12-05 17:04:39)

Board footer