Eggcorn Forum

Discussions about eggcorns and related topics

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Registrations are currently closed because of a technical problem. Please send email to if you wish to register.

The forum administrator reserves the right to request users to plausibly demonstrate that they are real people with an interest in the topic of eggcorns. Otherwise they may be removed with no further justification. Likewise, accounts that have not been used for posting may be removed.

Thanks for your understanding.

Chris -- 2018-04-11

#1 2017-02-12 23:24:28

Dixon Wragg
Eggcornista

"band" for "ban"

Why cant pitbulls live a normal life like the other breeds of dogs! Dont band them from the Us!
dog discussion

It would also be interesting to see how security handled the protests. Would there be a certain distance they’d be required to keep from the stadium? Would there be a limit on how many of them there could be? Or would they just band them from the grounds altogether?
football discussion

It’s simple Cannon law band them from breaking the seal of confession
Catholic controversy

They changed the name of the company so they can steal money out my account after I contacted my bank trying to band them from my funds.
customer’s complaint

There are quite a few examples of this one online. I get an image of someone whose behavior is constrained by tight bands around his/her body. Thus I think this could be an eggcorn in some instances.

#2 2017-02-16 20:54:18

kem
Eggcornista

Re: "band" for "ban"

If an eggcorn, then a round tripper for the “contraban” and “ban together” that we have noted in other posts.

Hatching new language, one eggcorn at a time.

Board footer