Eggcorn Forum

Discussions about eggcorns and related topics

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Registrations are currently closed because of a technical problem. Please send email to if you wish to register.

The forum administrator reserves the right to request users to plausibly demonstrate that they are real people with an interest in the topic of eggcorns. Otherwise they may be removed with no further justification. Likewise, accounts that have not been used for posting may be removed.

Thanks for your understanding.

Chris -- 2018-04-11

#1 2018-05-24 23:28:40

tyepower

Perfectional for Professional

One of my students wrote that he wanted to be a perfectional soccer player when he got older.

Does that work as an eggcorn for “professional”?

Professionals strive for perfection. They act perfectionally.

#2 2018-05-25 11:44:46

David Bird
Eggcornista

Re: Perfectional for Professional

Perfectional eggcorn, tyepower. I love it.

I’m signing because Anna Banda has attacked my daughter who was 15 at the time. At that time Anna was a bails bond. I told Anna my daughter has a mom that can defended her and to talk to me. I told Anna how can she tell stuff to a 15 year old and her being an adult and a perfectional position. I told her if she don’t stop that I’ll be talking to her boss.
petition

People in these type of jobs are a very valuable part of our society and for people to look down on them is just plain snobbery imo. Not everyone wants to have a perfectional job believe it or not.
Mum

I looked at my leg, to see a perfectional job at fixing the bone in place. Then I looked back up. “Who are you people?” “We are the Union(UN).” They all smiled
fanfic

Board footer