Eggcorn Forum

Discussions about eggcorns and related topics

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Registrations are currently closed because of a technical problem. Please send email to if you wish to register.

The forum administrator reserves the right to request users to plausibly demonstrate that they are real people with an interest in the topic of eggcorns. Otherwise they may be removed with no further justification. Likewise, accounts that have not been used for posting may be removed.

Thanks for your understanding.

Chris -- 2018-04-11

#1 2018-06-06 04:18:05

Peter Forster
Eggcornista

'olegarchy' for 'oligarchy'

I’m wearied by a certain TV advert featuring talking meerkats. They strive to appear cute with their winsome poses, Russian accents and fake East European slum village, but I can’t be the only one to find them profoundly irritating. At least one of them is named Oleg, and it occurred to me that we rarely hear the word oligarchy or oligarch without the prefix ‘Russian’. It seems possible that for some folk there is something Lehmannish at work.

heading toward a kind of Oleg Archy and. it would reduce the top rate for. personal income tax to from thirty nine. point six percent to thirty five so it’s.

It’s an Olegarchy. He chooses to run his forum how he wants

I could have lived the rest of my life in the dark, not knowing how many Americans are involved with Russian Olegarchs, willing to commit …

Sadly some Russian Olegark bought Benelli (same dude that bought TVR???) and is moving production to China, sad..

Rubio was asked about this push to try to use this Oleg Ark just some kind of. collusion theory and he said this if there is a conflict of interest at …

#2 2018-06-06 23:40:46

kem
Eggcornista

Re: 'olegarchy' for 'oligarchy'

If it’s a matriarchy, is it an Olga Archy?

Hatching new language, one eggcorn at a time.

#3 2018-06-21 10:55:08

Peter Forster
Eggcornista

Re: 'olegarchy' for 'oligarchy'

Olga and Oleg Archy. They sound a pleasant enough couple, if a little acquisitive. MW has a definition of ogle – : to look at especially with greedy or interested attention.

The oglearchy running a small community makes most of the decisions and burdens the tax base the most.

The Republicans ran for office one way and are now ruling as if this country was an oglearchy.

Board footer