Eggcorn Forum

Discussions about eggcorns and related topics

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Registrations are currently closed because of a technical problem. Please send email to if you wish to register.

The forum administrator reserves the right to request users to plausibly demonstrate that they are real people with an interest in the topic of eggcorns. Otherwise they may be removed with no further justification. Likewise, accounts that have not been used for posting may be removed.

Thanks for your understanding.

Chris -- 2018-04-11

#1 2006-08-14 21:28:53

klakritz
Eggcornista

'dormicile' for 'domicile'

This looks like a potmanteau of ‘domicile’ and ‘dorm(itory)’. Examples:

Locked safe inside my dormicile and sheltered by my absent mind I’m waiting for a winter wind to come…
www.nonthought.net/lyrics/wishka.htm

Now residing in a 19th century dormicile in Alexandria, KY they have come together as a band ...
profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=51274784

Spring cleaning is finally finished and my dormicile is sparkling!
blog.myspace.com/jigokukitty

Staring around him , he felt an imposed sense of normality settle in as he took in his surroundings , the sterile imperial dormicile he seemed to remember …
forums.station.sony.com/swg/board/message?board.id=Corbantis&message.id=149465

Since I was no longer being forced to share a dormicile with Sevir Wziricki , I felt no need to accomodate his stench of patchouli oil and stagnant bong …
twelvestone.com/forums/showthread.php?s=22fe3042b36655095b9117b7b065bac3&postid=207800

Soon sometime , a week or so after , they set up a quite sizable dormicile in a heavy pine just outside my backdoor .
www.oooarrr.cx:8888/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=152&PN=1

Board footer