Eggcorn Forum

Discussions about eggcorns and related topics

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Registrations are currently closed because of a technical problem. Please send email to if you wish to register.

The forum administrator reserves the right to request users to plausibly demonstrate that they are real people with an interest in the topic of eggcorns. Otherwise they may be removed with no further justification. Likewise, accounts that have not been used for posting may be removed.

Thanks for your understanding.

Chris -- 2018-04-11

#1 2006-08-15 15:56:45

jorkel
Eggcornista

Rice PEELOFF (pilaf)

I couldn’t believe there was only one internet mention of “rice peeloff” in place of “rice pilaf.” There are plenty of cooking preparations which require one to peel off a rind. And why let that rind go to waste? Serve it up with some rice on top.

www.myspace.com/uwantfries
... me laugh i poke him good, father yelped ok good. Heroes, dr pepper, mountain dew, kool aide man quaker oats a giraffe game boy, rice peeloff thats all …
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseact ... .viewprofile&friendid=86619815

Anime Community – Git-mo: Peas and mushrooms, anyone?I know that peas and mushrooms , rice peeloff and baked chicken is better than most of the … The peas and muchrooms and rice – peeloff is a rumor too . ...
anime.anicom.org/forum/printthread.php?t=1521 – 6k – Supplemental Result – Cached – Similar pages

RunUO – Taco BellWith your choice of a delicious baked potato , french fries , wild peeloff rice or yummy steamed vegetables , and a garden or ceasure salad . ...
www.runuo.com/forum/printthread.php?t=59419&pp=40 – 31k – Supplemental Result – Cached – Similar pages

Now that that’s settled, I’m still grasping to understand the rationale for “peeloff.”

Last edited by jorkel (2006-09-17 02:35:34)

#2 2006-08-18 13:03:33

gailey

Re: Rice PEELOFF (pilaf)

There are some more for “rice peel off” out there—
“We had an excellent meal, lamb, rice peel off, cold cucumber soup, salad, etc… I’m stuffed.”
http://www.plastercity.com/blogs/2006_0 … -past.html

#3 2010-12-04 22:32:25

burred
Eggcornista

I came across another variant, rarer than a peeloff, truth be told, and sometimes a transcript error: the pea loaf. Both are nice double yolkers!

Blog
Made up a rice piloaf and a cucumber and tomato salad

Transcript error
And I put in one bay leaf that I just highlighted there, now similar to a rice pea loaf or even risotto.

School menu
BBQ Beef
Rice Piloaf

Incidentally, it is easy to make pilaf that you must peel off the bottom of the dish. I think the Japanese have a special affection for that caramelized bottom rice.

Last edited by burred (2010-12-04 22:55:36)

#4 2010-12-10 15:43:46

yanogator
Eggcornista

Sometimes it’s just misspelled.

Bruce

“I always wanted to be somebody. I should have been more specific.” – Lily Tomlin

Board footer