Eggcorn Forum

Discussions about eggcorns and related topics

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Registrations are currently closed because of a technical problem. Please send email to if you wish to register.

The forum administrator reserves the right to request users to plausibly demonstrate that they are real people with an interest in the topic of eggcorns. Otherwise they may be removed with no further justification. Likewise, accounts that have not been used for posting may be removed.

Thanks for your understanding.

Chris -- 2018-04-11

#1 2006-08-31 13:03:01

xarglesdad

Obeast

Obeast

#2 2006-08-31 15:59:19

jorkel
Eggcornista

Re: Obeast

Google counts on Aug. 31, 2006
22,100 Obeast (Not all relevant)
25,100,000 Obese

(I wish I had located this eggcorn first, because I’ve heard it dozens of times…)

“Obeast” used in place of “obese” is almost certainly an eggcorn. The notion is that someone may be so overweight as to resemble a beast. (All apologies to anyone who might be offended).

Examples:
New Mars :: View topic – FAT TOAD SO CONSPIRACYI didnt like it then about four years ago fat morbid obeast women with children … These fat morbid obeast slobs have big money that was stolen from some …
www.newmars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t= … c5316adda8 – 37k – Cached – Similar pages

why cant fat people lose weight?First of all Some OBeast people can have a long history of obeasty in … ANd Second of All most obeast people are lazy to excercise or they don’t have …
www.dmt123.com/diet-fitness/2070-1-dmt123-1.html – 16k – Cached – Similar pages

NSPCC and the presumption of contact between children and their …She was morbidly obeast, she fed the children the same way. If/when i asked her to be carefull not to over feed them, she would become very angry,verbaly …
www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/801778885 – 34k – Aug 30, 2006 – Cached – Similar pages

Online Dating in Usk, Gwent – Find a Date in Usk, Gwent , UKsingle dad looking for honest caring lady…must live within 50 miles of newport gwent.looks unimportant but obeast lady need not apply.more important is …
ukdating.match.com/uk/dating/44/Gwent/Usk.html – Similar pages

Board footer