Eggcorn Forum

Discussions about eggcorns and related topics

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Registrations are currently closed because of a technical problem. Please send email to if you wish to register.

The forum administrator reserves the right to request users to plausibly demonstrate that they are real people with an interest in the topic of eggcorns. Otherwise they may be removed with no further justification. Likewise, accounts that have not been used for posting may be removed.

Thanks for your understanding.

Chris -- 2018-04-11

#1 2006-09-09 14:48:48

jorkel
Eggcornista

HARDuous (arduous)

Google counts on Sept 9, 2006
6,250,000 arduous
990 harduous
Analysis by Joe Krozel

“Arduous” means difficult, strenuous, HARD to accomplish. It’s easy to see how “harduous” might arise.

Examples:

Alpha watchesharduous path of horological sophistifaction leading to Omega’s and the other Swiss Brands. Just buy one and have a try and come back to tell us. ...
www.gatago.com/alt/horology/6813584.html – 10k – Cached – Similar pages

The Life and Works of Scooby G: DallasThe citizenship process is unfortunately pretty long and harduous. Or luckily, in my case, just long: the harduous part is taken care of by my company. ...
scoobyg.blogspot.com/2006/04/dallas.html – 25k – Cached – Similar pages

More Than This – The PathLife was never meant to be harduous or difficult, it is ourselves as well as … The Path of your life can be long and winding, harduous with much pain and …
www.stevenredhead.com/purposes/path.html – 9k – Cached – Similar pages

On Flickr, Favcol and my experience of weblogging… (plasticbag.org)Logging into the flickr account is a harduous process as you seem to have no choice other than logging through a Yahoo account, and the cookies, ...
www.plasticbag.org/archives/2004/10/on_ … eblogging/ – 19k – Cached – Similar pages

Grupy Google: soc.culture.thaiIt is very harduous to work in a manufacturing company as studies are very expensive. The state does’nt sponsor the studies. ...
groups.google.pl/group/soc.culture.thai/tree/browse_frm/month/1998-07?hl=pl&_done=%2Fgroup%2Fsoc.cult… – 105k – Supplemental Result – Cached – Similar pages

‘Re: [kde-edu]: Floodfill with kig’ – MARC… “filled” shape would require at least some of these constructions to be implemented, which becomes harduous for generic areas bounded by segments/arcs. ...
lists.kde.org/?l=kde-edu&m=114223452317201&w=2 – Similar pages

www.myspace.com/shecamefromVinyl for the artwork and imperfections, cd for ease of storage, mp3 for my harduous journeys to work. Favourite singer? Chet Baker…a voice like Belgian …
profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=67113088 – 118k – Cached – Similar pages

LuccaIt would be harduous to list here the innumerable events that make the very rich artistic heritage of Lucca more precious. Mention should however be made of …
www.turismo.toscana.it/terme/en_2b_13.html – 7k – Cached – Similar pages

Board footer