Eggcorn Forum

Discussions about eggcorns and related topics

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Registrations are currently closed because of a technical problem. Please send email to if you wish to register.

The forum administrator reserves the right to request users to plausibly demonstrate that they are real people with an interest in the topic of eggcorns. Otherwise they may be removed with no further justification. Likewise, accounts that have not been used for posting may be removed.

Thanks for your understanding.

Chris -- 2018-04-11

#1 2006-09-09 15:05:22

jorkel
Eggcornista

PEACHTREE dish (Petri)

Google counts on Sept 9, 2006
2,850,000 “petri dish”
14 “peachtree dish”
Analysis by Joe Krozel

A “petri dish” is an agar-containing, clear dish with cover, and is named after a 20th century bacteriologist. For those who aren’t scientists, the words might sound like “peachtree” dish …from the notion of growing a tree (from the pit of a peach) in a dish.

www.myspace.com/fwboyd3oh my godness, i just found evidence in daves parents house that supports our theory that dave was spawned in a peachtree dish and is half log and half …
profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=7528016 – 132k – Cached – Similar pages

wscll.net :: View topic – IPT504 Lecture Responses… and my family if I had known about the extensive us of fetal tissue transplantation and cells growing in a peachtree dish for medical and dental use . ...
www.wscll.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=296 … e36edb230e – 65k – Supplemental Result – Cached – Similar pages

The Cat’s Meow: 6 Reason Why War of the Worlds SucksYou ’ re intelligent enough to watch the entire world as a doctor watches a specimen in a peachtree dish . You ’ re intelligent enough to bury and operate …
purfectlanding.blogspot.com/2006/01/6-reason-why-war-of-worlds-sucks.html – 17k – Supplemental Result – Cached – Similar pages

blog.myspace.com/wheresthomas77It’s a peachtree dish of illness. I swear I think I’m going to get sick every week I work a morning. Damn I’d wish they’d stick with graveyard already. ...
blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=42482856&blogID=70853864 – 12k – Supplemental Result – Cached – Similar pages

Last edited by jorkel (2006-09-09 15:06:59)

Board footer