Eggcorn Forum

Discussions about eggcorns and related topics

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Registrations are temporarily closed as we're receiving a steady stream of registration spam.

Anyone who wishes to register, please email me at chris dot waigl at gmail dot com with the desired username and a valid email address, and I will register you manually.

Thanks for your understanding.

Chris -- 2011-03-08

#1 2006-09-10 21:01:46

jorkel
Eggcornista

CLOSETphobia (claustrophobia)

Google counts on Sept 9, 2006
1,460,000 claustrophobia
143 CLOSETphobia
Analysis by Joe Krozel

” Claustrophobia” is an abnormal dread of being in closed in or narrow places. And, a closet certainly qualifies as one such place, one might have “closetphobia”. (Plus, I imagine there are any number of variations around the word “close”)

Monkees Rush in Where Angels Fear to Tread”You…you…um…’eld me tighter. Because I was very scared. I think I ‘ad closetphobia. Y’know, a fear of tight little places. You were reassuring me.” ...
www.geocities.com/t_monkeelover/mriwaftt.html – 20k – Supplemental Result – Cached – Similar pages

Film Times – the Week – The Coast (FEBRUARY 24 – MARCH 03 2005)Of course, thereĀs no better way to overcome this closetphobia than to spend a night in the decrepit home where the boogeyman attacked. You know the rest. ...
coastclassic.ca/issues/240205/film.html – 43k – Cached – Similar pages

“Furley Versus Furley ” – Encyclopedia FunTriviaActually he said Bart had closetphobia but Jack corrected him. The found out that Bart was over that phobia when the elevator was stopped and they demanded …
www.whiteblaze.net/forum/showthread.php?t=16232 – 157k – Supplemental Result – Cached – Similar pages

Board footer