Eggcorn Forum

Discussions about eggcorns and related topics

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Registrations are currently closed because of a technical problem. Please send email to if you wish to register.

The forum administrator reserves the right to request users to plausibly demonstrate that they are real people with an interest in the topic of eggcorns. Otherwise they may be removed with no further justification. Likewise, accounts that have not been used for posting may be removed.

Thanks for your understanding.

Chris -- 2018-04-11

#1 2021-08-09 12:27:37

pwoodford
Website

Small Parks

A friend posted this to Facebook. I suggested it may have been a spoof, but he insists it was an actual comment on a vaccination thread. Since I can’t crack the code for inserting an image, I’ll laboriously type it in. No doubt someone will tell me “Asian Orange” has been beaten to death here, but I think “small parks” is new.

”... it’s funny!!! Have you asked yourself why the people they got the shot is spreading the Delta variant!! So you need to ask yourself what did they put in that shot??? You need to look into how the government put small parks on blankets and then gave them to Indians they killed them off and you need to look into why do US government sprayed Asian orange And people in them Vietnam war people are still having affect so that they knew what was in that chemical”

On On,
Paul Woodford
Paul’s Thing

#2 2021-08-12 12:26:15

DavidTuggy
Eggcornista
Website

Re: Small Parks

I’m getting over COVID and who knows what else, and I guess the synapses have slowed down significantly. Took me the longest time to figure out what those small parks were!

Thanks, Paul, I love both of these! Though the small parks are more normal malaprop than eggcorn: does anybody really think the lesions on the skin look like undersized pieces of undeveloped public land, or anything of the sort?

Last edited by DavidTuggy (2021-08-12 12:26:35)

*If the human mind were simple enough for us to understand,
we would be too simple-minded to understand it* .

(Possible Corollary: it is, and we are .)

#3 2021-09-19 13:52:20

kem
Eggcornista

Re: Small Parks

The commentary also employs the “Asian Orange” eggcorn. http://eggcorns.lascribe.net/forum/view … hp?id=3876

Hatching new language, one eggcorn at a time.

Board footer