Eggcorn Forum

Discussions about eggcorns and related topics

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Registrations are currently closed because of a technical problem. Please send email to if you wish to register.

The forum administrator reserves the right to request users to plausibly demonstrate that they are real people with an interest in the topic of eggcorns. Otherwise they may be removed with no further justification. Likewise, accounts that have not been used for posting may be removed.

Thanks for your understanding.

Chris -- 2018-04-11

#1 2021-05-23 13:07:44

DavidTuggy
Eggcornista
Website

fraudgery

Heard on the radio years ago. Most of the Internet hits come from south-central Asia. Many cases do not seem to have forgery specifically in mind but rather refer to any kind of fraudulent activity. There are enough hits that it seems likely to be standard for some.

Also for fraudgery they may revoke ur nrn card and ban u from visiting Nepal. It sounds harsh but it’s the rule as of right now.

When this happens, companies and businesses are liable to strictly follow such instructions so that they don’t fall under any threat of fraudgery. [threat = suspicion?]

Thinking of moving back to the Stone Age where there was minimal fraudgery? No, you don’t have to over-think and do it. Here are some ways out for being safe .

GoPaisa.com – gopaisa cheats the customer by having nexus with retailer and promotes fraudgery and cheating

As I get to know from the other shipmen in kalpity there was no any person called abheetha.I am taking legal actions against this fraudgery.

Proxy networks is normally a pleasant solution to help in the reduction of the advert fraudgery surrounding in recent years. [advert < overt + advertent/purposeful … nice!]

This a a perfect case of cheating as well as fraudgery as how HPDA sold a plot which is disputed with farmers, its a problem of HPDA not yours, ...

I guess she went to wrong yoga classes or the fraudgery classes. Being an Indian we already know about many manipulations and false practices.

The eggcorning possibilities are clear, I think.

*If the human mind were simple enough for us to understand,
we would be too simple-minded to understand it* .

(Possible Corollary: it is, and we are .)

#2 2021-06-05 21:35:26

kem
Eggcornista

Re: fraudgery

Funny!

Hatching new language, one eggcorn at a time.

#3 2021-06-21 11:47:39

DavidTuggy
Eggcornista
Website

Re: fraudgery

Ran across a remarkably similar one the other day, purgery. I was scooped by Pat here , though. (See comment there.)

Last edited by DavidTuggy (2021-06-21 14:22:27)

*If the human mind were simple enough for us to understand,
we would be too simple-minded to understand it* .

(Possible Corollary: it is, and we are .)

Board footer