Eggcorn Forum

Discussions about eggcorns and related topics

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Registrations are temporarily closed as we're receiving a steady stream of registration spam.

Anyone who wishes to register, please email me at chris dot waigl at gmail dot com with the desired username and a valid email address, and I will register you manually.

Thanks for your understanding.

Chris -- 2011-03-08

#1 2006-09-24 20:59:31

jorkel
Eggcornista

STAFF infection

Google counts on Sept 24, 2006
331,000 “staph infection”
83,700 “STAFF infection”
Analysis by Joe Krozel

“Staph” is short for a common bacteria “staphylococcus.” Yes, it sounds just like “staff,” and that may be the only reason for the common misspelling. However, some may think about the possibility of catching a disease in the hospital—perhaps even transmitted inadvertently by the hospital staff. Whence, the eggcorn “STAFF infection”—if such an association can be demonstrated.

Examples:

melo: supertramp… mom had a staff infection. ick. meanwhile she WORKS at this hospital. you get a staff infection from a nurse or a doctor who touched something infected. ...
melodramatic.com/users/supertramp/ – 79k – Cached – Similar pages

STAFF INFECTION FROM HOSPITAL STAY – FreeAdvice ForumsSTAFF INFECTION FROM HOSPITAL STAY Dangerous or Defective Products.
forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?t=33102 – 84k – Cached – Similar pages

NSF Forums – I had to have surgery again! STAFF Infection!My surgon came up to the hospital and declared that we had to have … The one on the skin grew in less than a day pronouncing that i had a STAFF Infection. ...
www.scoliosis.org/forum/archive/index.php/t-631.html – 20k – Cached – Similar pages

Yahoo! Answers – Staff infection?I was in the hospital 4 days for the bypass surgery, and another 15 days for the staff infection. Source(s):. Personal experience. 2 months ago. 0 Votes 0% ...
answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20060712192812AAzo144 – 96k – Cached – Similar pages

dot Search: The Web Angelfire Free Online Golf share this page …It turns out that several years prior while in the hospital for a severe staff infection my father was given a life saving drug named (I cant spell it, ...
www.angelfire.com/md2/Kidney/Veiwpoint.html – 28k – Cached – Similar pages

#2 2011-06-07 03:36:48

burred
Eggcornista

Re: STAFF infection

I’m bringing this classic to the surface for some admiration. I just ran into in a headline, but the text is not as good as the examples Joe found.

Cold Sores and Staff Infection
‘Topical information blog’

#3 2011-06-14 21:56:19

Dixon Wragg
Eggcornista

burred wrote:

”’Topical information blog’”

Hmmm…Is that the kind of information you absorb by rubbing it on your skin? Where was that stuff when I was studying for my Master’s Degree?

Re: “staff infection”: I’ve been a staff member at various mental hospitals and residential treatment programs. I can relate to the term “staff infection” because I always had more problems with some staff members than with the psychotic, manic, autistic, demented or retarded clients. At least if someone has a psychotic or developmental disorder, they have an excuse for acting crazy or stupid!

#4 2011-06-16 10:29:01

burred
Eggcornista

Dangerous capacitated loons. Here’s another riff on staff infections, a modern malady: stuff infection.

Antônio Rodrigo Nogueira. he’ll murder anyone in the heavyweight division, that lost to mir was only because of a stuff infection, he would still be undefeated by now.
Boxing forum

there is something wrong with her eye and they arent sure yet… it could be a stuff infection or her tearduk are closer…
Blog message

#5 2011-06-17 22:49:22

Dixon Wragg
Eggcornista

burred wrote:

...it could be a stuff infection or her tearduk are closer…

It’s nothing that a little duk tape won’t fix.

Board footer