Eggcorn Forum

Discussions about eggcorns and related topics

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Registrations are currently closed because of a technical problem. Please send email to if you wish to register.

The forum administrator reserves the right to request users to plausibly demonstrate that they are real people with an interest in the topic of eggcorns. Otherwise they may be removed with no further justification. Likewise, accounts that have not been used for posting may be removed.

Thanks for your understanding.

Chris -- 2018-04-11

#1 2006-09-24 15:59:31

jorkel
Eggcornista

STAFF infection

Google counts on Sept 24, 2006
331,000 “staph infection”
83,700 “STAFF infection”
Analysis by Joe Krozel

“Staph” is short for a common bacteria “staphylococcus.” Yes, it sounds just like “staff,” and that may be the only reason for the common misspelling. However, some may think about the possibility of catching a disease in the hospital—perhaps even transmitted inadvertently by the hospital staff. Whence, the eggcorn “STAFF infection”—if such an association can be demonstrated.

Examples:

melo: supertramp… mom had a staff infection. ick. meanwhile she WORKS at this hospital. you get a staff infection from a nurse or a doctor who touched something infected. ...
melodramatic.com/users/supertramp/ – 79k – Cached – Similar pages

STAFF INFECTION FROM HOSPITAL STAY – FreeAdvice ForumsSTAFF INFECTION FROM HOSPITAL STAY Dangerous or Defective Products.
forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?t=33102 – 84k – Cached – Similar pages

NSF Forums – I had to have surgery again! STAFF Infection!My surgon came up to the hospital and declared that we had to have … The one on the skin grew in less than a day pronouncing that i had a STAFF Infection. ...
www.scoliosis.org/forum/archive/index.php/t-631.html – 20k – Cached – Similar pages

Yahoo! Answers – Staff infection?I was in the hospital 4 days for the bypass surgery, and another 15 days for the staff infection. Source(s):. Personal experience. 2 months ago. 0 Votes 0% ...
answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20060712192812AAzo144 – 96k – Cached – Similar pages

dot Search: The Web Angelfire Free Online Golf share this page …It turns out that several years prior while in the hospital for a severe staff infection my father was given a life saving drug named (I cant spell it, ...
www.angelfire.com/md2/Kidney/Veiwpoint.html – 28k – Cached – Similar pages

#2 2011-06-06 22:36:48

burred
Eggcornista

Re: STAFF infection

I’m bringing this classic to the surface for some admiration. I just ran into in a headline, but the text is not as good as the examples Joe found.

Cold Sores and Staff Infection
‘Topical information blog’

#3 2011-06-14 16:56:19

Dixon Wragg
Eggcornista

burred wrote:

”’Topical information blog’”

Hmmm…Is that the kind of information you absorb by rubbing it on your skin? Where was that stuff when I was studying for my Master’s Degree?

Re: “staff infection”: I’ve been a staff member at various mental hospitals and residential treatment programs. I can relate to the term “staff infection” because I always had more problems with some staff members than with the psychotic, manic, autistic, demented or retarded clients. At least if someone has a psychotic or developmental disorder, they have an excuse for acting crazy or stupid!

#4 2011-06-16 05:29:01

burred
Eggcornista

Dangerous capacitated loons. Here’s another riff on staff infections, a modern malady: stuff infection.

Antônio Rodrigo Nogueira. he’ll murder anyone in the heavyweight division, that lost to mir was only because of a stuff infection, he would still be undefeated by now.
Boxing forum

there is something wrong with her eye and they arent sure yet… it could be a stuff infection or her tearduk are closer…
Blog message

#5 2011-06-17 17:49:22

Dixon Wragg
Eggcornista

burred wrote:

...it could be a stuff infection or her tearduk are closer…

It’s nothing that a little duk tape won’t fix.

Board footer