Eggcorn Forum

Discussions about eggcorns and related topics

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Registrations are currently closed because of a technical problem. Please send email to if you wish to register.

The forum administrator reserves the right to request users to plausibly demonstrate that they are real people with an interest in the topic of eggcorns. Otherwise they may be removed with no further justification. Likewise, accounts that have not been used for posting may be removed.

Thanks for your understanding.

Chris -- 2018-04-11

#1 2006-11-11 22:58:57

Fishbait2
Eggcornista
Website

secondary and "thirdandary"

About 50 ghits for “thirdandary”:

Good thirdandary Gun For your first side arm i would not say use this, not even your second. But as a third gun that your just using cause you have and you can acess it fast this is cool.”

From a site about airsoft (BB) guns. Logical, no?

#2 2006-11-14 07:03:13

jorkel
Eggcornista

Re: secondary and "thirdandary"

I would have thought that “thirdandary” might be topped by “thirdarily,” but the latter only got 39 ghits (vs. 51). Probably an intentional usage by someone not willing to search any further for the correct word …or because he believes such words might be easier for his audience to conceptualize: I once had an instructor who intentionally referred to a denominator as a “DOWNominator.”

Primary mathematics:Fractions – Wikibooks, collection of open …Since fractions have both a top (called a nominator. think “topinator”) and a bottom (denominator, which “downominator” which is divided by a bar, ...
en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Primary_mathematics:Fractions – 30k – Cached – Similar pages

Last edited by jorkel (2006-11-14 07:04:10)

Board footer