Eggcorn Forum

Discussions about eggcorns and related topics

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Registrations are temporarily closed as we're receiving a steady stream of registration spam.

Anyone who wishes to register, please email me at chris dot waigl at gmail dot com with the desired username and a valid email address, and I will register you manually.

Thanks for your understanding.

Chris -- 2011-03-08

#1 2005-12-19 22:33:53

klakritz
Eggcornista

'ceiling wax' for 'sealing wax'

Because ceilings need to be sealed against moisture, this is a natural substitution. About 700 ghits:

Because biology can do good work with string and ceiling wax it has rarely been properly funded.
www.abc.net.au/science/news/stories/s100456.htm

Pierre Rovani gave it 93 points in the Wine Advocate with the following notes, “Black pepper, ceiling wax, spices, and toast are found in the nose…
www.thecorkscrew.com/new.cfm

I had that record too and I spend a large portion of my childhood trying to imagine what ceiling wax was too.
forums.ubi.com/groupee/forums/ a/tpc/f/7661041353/m/5951011763

This organisation, you probably worked out, is basically made with shoestring, ceiling wax and bits of orange peel. We do miracles.
news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/static/in_depth/ programmes/2001/bnp_special/pr_machine/default.stm

NPR : Newly Found Beethoven Manuscript to Be Auctioned The red stains that look like lipstick are actually ceiling wax, which he used to paste in longer corrections.
www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=4957646

Explore the Asian custom of using ceiling wax and a stamp or chock to seal a document.
carlos.emory.edu/ODYSSEY/Teachers/ll/llaineact.html

The ceiling wax certifies that this is an official beckoning, a calling if you will, to the cause of what causes us.
www.subgenius.com/subg-digest/v5/0109.html

There are many marijuana vaporizer designs, many are messy, blu-tac and ceiling wax jobs with no real structure, functionality or style.
www.marijuanavaporizer.com/marijuana/ How-to-make-a-marijuana-vaporizer.htm

Board footer