Eggcorn Forum

Discussions about eggcorns and related topics

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Registrations are currently closed because of a technical problem. Please send email to if you wish to register.

The forum administrator reserves the right to request users to plausibly demonstrate that they are real people with an interest in the topic of eggcorns. Otherwise they may be removed with no further justification. Likewise, accounts that have not been used for posting may be removed.

Thanks for your understanding.

Chris -- 2018-04-11

#1 2009-08-24 12:03:16

kem
Eggcornista

frame of mine << frame of mind

Earlier this month Gez on GrammarBlog wrote:

While reading the BBC’s report on the possibility of Mark Ramprakash’s return to test cricket, I saw this cracking example of an Eggcorn.
“If I had known 10 years ago what I know now there’s no question I would be in a better frame of mine to approach Test cricket”
Obviously Ramps meant to use the common phrase, ‘frame of mind’ but there is something wonderfully existential about that phrase ‘frame of MINE’. I do hope its inclusion is not down to poor transcription or a simple typo.

“Frame of mine” is more than a typo. The Eggcorn database notes the substitution of “mine” for “mind” in similar phrases. On this forum we have also recorded examples of the return trip: data minding and undermind.

The web has a large number of examples of the substitution of “frame of mine” for “frame of mind.” Three of them:

Post on a blog about gaming: “That’s rather reassuring and I think it puts you into the right frame of mine to enjoy the game. ”

From an affidavit posted on a newsnet group: “But the truth was and is, had I been in my normal frame of mine, I would
never have considered abortion. ”

Genealogical piece posted on the net: “Apparently satisfied-and probably financially burdened with a new church-the inhabitants were not in the frame of mine to acquiesce to the priest’s wishes….”

Last edited by kem (2009-08-24 14:31:22)

Hatching new language, one eggcorn at a time.

#2 2016-08-10 02:17:47

Dixon Wragg
Eggcornista

Re: frame of mine << frame of mind

There are a number of mine << >> mind substitutions discussed in the Database and here in the Forum. Here is another variation I just stumbled upon:

The Manic Pixie Dream girls I’ve seen do have backgrounds and stories and such (the main one that comes to mine is the girl Charlie from the movie “Charlie”),
YouTube discussion

Board footer