Eggcorn Forum

Discussions about eggcorns and related topics

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Registrations are currently closed because of a technical problem. Please send email to if you wish to register.

The forum administrator reserves the right to request users to plausibly demonstrate that they are real people with an interest in the topic of eggcorns. Otherwise they may be removed with no further justification. Likewise, accounts that have not been used for posting may be removed.

Thanks for your understanding.

Chris -- 2018-04-11

#1 2010-12-04 22:20:24

burred
Eggcornista

"Crow Magnon" for Cro-Magnon

Some of the first early modern human remains were found at the Cro-Magnon site in France, and for a while this term was applied to the anatomically modern humans living contemporaneously (and consanguineously) with another human ecotype, the Neandert(h)als, in Europe about 30 to 50 kiloyears ago. The general designation Cro-Magnon is not much used these days since it doesn’t describe a unique people. “Crow Magnon” and “Crow Magnum” would be a reference to cave-dwellers’ closeness to nature and animal totems, and maybe their brutish size. But none of the following examples strive for anthropological accuracy (or political correctness).

Obamacare again
It has been proven by the Alaska Pipeline that wildlife thrives around the pipeline. They like it, and enjoy the warmth. But you are obviously a big lib, and want to live in a cave like a Crow Magnon Man. Now that’s progressive!

Random forum
I think it was the other way around, i fairly sure that scientists believe we interbred with Neanderthals but Crow-Magnon were just too genetically diffrent so we just killed them.

Social Darwinist
Perhaps a moments hesitation on the part of a Neadertal, to coo and burbble over the huge appealing eyes of a baby Crow Magnon, before biting its head off, allowed said critter sprog to escape and therefore continue his line.

Troll
I’m just picturing all the crow magnon looking, mullet wearing renecks with steam coming out of their ears after reading this

Here is a sterling racial analysis.

Blacks and Asians are Cro-magnum…. Whites are Neatherfalls or Aliens
http://www.topix.com/forum/afam/TFB512GLI6GR84JEL

Only exceeded in perspicuity by this one.

Conspiracy board
I believe Doctor Stitchen of Israel is right, we were created as a slave race, (based upon his archaeological work), because most anthropologists cannot figure out how human kind jumped so quickly from crow magnum man to modern humans so quickly, in almost an overnight period; about 250,000 years ago.

See also Pro-Magnon.

#2 2010-12-05 11:08:59

Peter Forster
Eggcornista

Re: "Crow Magnon" for Cro-Magnon

What distinguishes this ancestor from his forebears is clearly his reflective capacities:

What I do get sick of is having to explain myself to Chrome Magnon doorknobs like yourself.

Well seeing as this part of my post included him I didn’t think I needed to but seeing as you pointed out that you aren’t much more than a chrome magnon I’ll be even more explicit with my answers in future.

Or perhaps a love of shiny weapons:

I never went on there to talk about sex any Chrome Magnum Man can do that.

Board footer