Eggcorn Forum

Discussions about eggcorns and related topics

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Registrations are currently closed because of a technical problem. Please send email to if you wish to register.

The forum administrator reserves the right to request users to plausibly demonstrate that they are real people with an interest in the topic of eggcorns. Otherwise they may be removed with no further justification. Likewise, accounts that have not been used for posting may be removed.

Thanks for your understanding.

Chris -- 2018-04-11

#1 2011-08-22 12:32:01

kem
Eggcornista

expeedite << expedite

If you want your package to go faster, don’t expedite it, expeedite it

Fewer than a dozen examples of “expeedite” on the web. Samples:

Physician answer on medical question forum: “muscle relaxants ( flexeril) or anti inflammatories ( motrin) if not contraindicated may expeedite the healing process. ”

Customer response to Amazon.com: “I would be tempted, if I was in CS, to set a delay on the packages of those calling and harping about the delivery and expeedite shipping for people like you ”

Trucking forum: “. I wish I had a dime for every one of you expeediteers out there that have told me your life history in a truckstop about how you used to drive a big truck or how you had to get into expeediting to make the “really” big money.”

Amazon.com instructions: “For faster shipping, please choose expeedited shipping, normally it takes 2-3 business days to arrive in your hand. ”

Hatching new language, one eggcorn at a time.

Board footer