Eggcorn Forum

Discussions about eggcorns and related topics

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Registrations are temporarily closed as we're receiving a steady stream of registration spam.

Anyone who wishes to register, please email me at chris dot waigl at gmail dot com with the desired username and a valid email address, and I will register you manually.

Thanks for your understanding.

Chris -- 2011-03-08

#1 2011-08-22 17:32:01

kem
Eggcornista

expeedite << expedite

If you want your package to go faster, don’t expedite it, expeedite it

Fewer than a dozen examples of “expeedite” on the web. Samples:

Physician answer on medical question forum: “muscle relaxants ( flexeril) or anti inflammatories ( motrin) if not contraindicated may expeedite the healing process. ”

Customer response to Amazon.com: “I would be tempted, if I was in CS, to set a delay on the packages of those calling and harping about the delivery and expeedite shipping for people like you ”

Trucking forum: “. I wish I had a dime for every one of you expeediteers out there that have told me your life history in a truckstop about how you used to drive a big truck or how you had to get into expeediting to make the “really” big money.”

Amazon.com instructions: “For faster shipping, please choose expeedited shipping, normally it takes 2-3 business days to arrive in your hand. ”

Board footer