Eggcorn Forum

Discussions about eggcorns and related topics

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Registrations are currently closed because of a technical problem. Please send email to if you wish to register.

The forum administrator reserves the right to request users to plausibly demonstrate that they are real people with an interest in the topic of eggcorns. Otherwise they may be removed with no further justification. Likewise, accounts that have not been used for posting may be removed.

Thanks for your understanding.

Chris -- 2018-04-11

#1 2015-07-09 07:00:20

David Bird
Eggcornista

"I boiled my eyes out"

Rereading CatherineR’s post, from February, of it all balls down to, got me to thinking that there might be a return-tripper out there somewhere. When tears boil up and spill out in hot scalding rivulets, be careful not to boil your eyes right out.

Outlet: Okay right now im boiling my eyes out, I have no one to talk to, so im going to express my feelings on here.

Nasty hubby: If he sees a black spot on the floor he’ll make me feel so incompetent that I go to my room and boil my eyes out.

Teenybopper: Q: How was the 1D concert? A: BEST DAY OF MY LIFE!
So basically….. I WAS BOILING MY EYES OUT! It only went 4 an hour and a half but felt like 20min!

youtube review: this video made me cryyyyy and cryyyy ! great job tho keep it up made me boil my eyes out

Double up your eggcorns: I’ve just shared a tear. Now I’m off to boil my eyes out.

Same football forum, another strange expression: She started boiling her eyes out and was yelling from the top of her lungs.

#2 2015-07-10 00:32:11

JuanTwoThree
Eggcornista

Re: "I boiled my eyes out"

It’s a round-trip but not ending up in the same place, exactly. Balling isn’t bawling. Though both heads and eyes are round:

http://eggcorns.lascribe.net/english/538/ball/

The first time he smiled at me was right after the adoption finalized and I balled my head off. When he started walking I cried some more.

and bald is in the heady mix, to crown it all:

http://eggcorns.lascribe.net/forum/view … hp?id=3346

On the plain in Spain where it mainly rains.

Board footer