Eggcorn Forum

Discussions about eggcorns and related topics

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Registrations are currently closed because of a technical problem. Please send email to if you wish to register.

The forum administrator reserves the right to request users to plausibly demonstrate that they are real people with an interest in the topic of eggcorns. Otherwise they may be removed with no further justification. Likewise, accounts that have not been used for posting may be removed.

Thanks for your understanding.

Chris -- 2018-04-11

#1 2015-10-21 07:32:45

David Bird
Eggcornista

Hymning and whoring

Those who don’t get the imitative nature of hemming and hawing will understandably cast about for similar sounding words to anchor to. Instead of dithering, you might be wavering between needlework and bodice-ripping.

I pretend to fumble for change when you want stop hemming and whoring behind me so you can order another hamburger….you already ate three wasn’t that enough?
obstructive blogger

I don’t know what sprint did to my service last night when i was hemming and whoring at them on the phone but suddenly today, facebook comes right up no problems
geek 4 geek

i’ve been hemming and whoring over this stock for quite a while.at the present moment i think i’m just gonna stick with the synthetic stock that the gun came with.
gun love

Wow, what a reel. Thing is beyond light and tight. After hemming and whoring for an hour or so I’ve got a deal on two of these beauties
fish love

when I called a person answered with an accent that was so strong I could baily understand. I asked if I was talking to a person in the united stated and after hemming and whoring I was told yes He was from the united states in the PHILLIPINES.
trip advice

Surprisingly, no credible humming and whoring. Nor hymning and whoring, more is the pity. The angelic end of the spectrum of respectability can be reached, however, while hymning and hawing.

Spent half the day hymning and hawing with inspectors to determine the septic drainage location, then we finally got started.
fb

After a bit of hymning and hawing, he confessed that while we were apart he’d slept with his ex-girlfriend.
novel

Studies have specifically shown that with the definite certainty of punishment (no hymning and hawing), crime rates @
“decline with an increase in arrest rates”
for death

Me hymning and hawing on my opinion on white privilege and why the 2nd KKK got so popular.
blog

After months of hymning and hawing I made the decision to raise the funds to meet one of my blogging goals.
fitness advocate

Last edited by David Bird (2015-10-21 07:33:09)

#2 2015-10-25 13:43:48

Peter Forster
Eggcornista

Re: Hymning and whoring

Nor hymning and whoring, more is the pity.

And what a pity it is. Here’s a poor simbling to stretch the set a little more.

I don’t see men the way I used too, I like them as friends but that’s all, I’ve been humming and horning with myself for a while just to admit how I really feel.

The doctors at the meeting kept hemming and horning that they weren’t going to do it, but instead of just saying it directly and letting me go…

#3 2015-10-27 16:35:35

David Bird
Eggcornista

Re: Hymning and whoring

The hummers and horners must make an interesting symphony. Another musical family member provides spiritual background music to support the effort of mental negociation.

OP: I have been reading on my town’s local, unofficial website, and oh my. At one point someone was hymning and hauling.
R: Hmmm, perhaps it’s an alternate title for “Bringing in the Sheaves”?
Bibliophiles

Thats funny. Do you actually think there was negotiating going on ? I’d call it hymning and hauling. (sp)
Baseball forum

Board footer